Thread: Drumgole Family

Drumgole Family

I've been trying to find any information from the Drumgoole family that mentions of an international adoption which would relate to my mom. In the timeline of the 1970s, any information that would relate to Rosa or Rosie Drumgoole or Williams. There are different variations of the Drumgoole spelling. ****** Drumgoole was given my mom, in the 1970s. It was a foreign adoption, but I'm looking for any information that shows any Drumgoole family who could have been in Russia and the Middle East or other countries. It is the adoption of K***a Williams.
    Last edited by Jill on the A272; 19-10-18 at 07:05. Reason: possibly living people

Blog Entries
    jojowolf43 I have edited your post as it appears to name living people which is against the terms & conditions of this forum. Should any of them be deceased I will put them back in, just let me know.

One of them was deceased but I see I probably can't get any assistance here. Rosa Drumgoole is dead, for I was wondering if this person ever mention anything about adopting internationally, and where she traveled to or her records in the 1970s, but I've been trying to find family history which relates to my mom directly. This probably isn't the right forum for me then.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jojowolf43 View Post
    One of them was deceased but I see I probably can't get any assistance here. Rosa Drumgoole is dead, for I was wondering if this person ever mention anything about adopting internationally, and where she traveled to or her records in the 1970s, but I've been trying to find family history which relates to my mom directly. This probably isn't the right forum for me then.
    I have reinstated Rosa's name.

I wouldn't give up with us just yet, many people have helped with tracking down similar stories with as little information. However, you are more likely to get replies if it is in the general research area of the forum, since this section is for specific requests for look ups in specific archives or record office, so I will move it. I see that you are in the USA so you may need to make allowances for the different time zones. There is still the proviso that names and identifying details of possibly living people will not be allowed.
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages (Latest version ~ site often being updated, so subject to frequent changes.)
    Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others. Socrates

I'm unsure how helpful this forum would be since I have been trying to see how my mom fits into the Drumgole family, family tree. Maybe 1970s is a date too late for this forum, not sure.

I've actually wanted to know if there were any records of Rosa Drumgole, in the Chicago, Illinois records and archives since she was a well known foster parent in her community. If there was any records of her adopting a child, or any thing about her adoption agency she worked for, which I've heard Lindy Boggs (another deceased) had some ties to, but I haven't seen a post where someone has asked this here.

Blog Entries
    I am not sure what you were expecting, but the forum doesn't hold any records however, our members are happy to help with searching out what ever records there might be out of the kindness of their hearts, using their own subscriptions where necessary or advising where and how you may find what you are looking for..

For example, have you investiagted the links on this page in our Reference Library??

https://www.familytreeforum.com/content.php/569 - a large collection of links about Illinois.
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages (Latest version ~ site often being updated, so subject to frequent changes.)
    Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others. Socrates

I knew this forum didn't hold records, but if someone already was familiar with this family. I've already found lots of information on the Drumgoole family on my own already, just was curious if anyone any additional information on them, nothing more.

Thank you for the link.

Rosie Drumgole

Quote Originally Posted by jojowolf43 View Post
    I knew this forum didn't hold records, but if someone already was familiar with this family. I've already found lots of information on the Drumgoole family on my own already, just was curious if anyone any additional information on them, nothing more.

Thank you for the link.
    My Grandmother was Rosie Drumgole...She lived in Chicago, IL ... I will try to help you as much as I can,