Harris Houdini rises again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harris Houdini rises again?

Hallo. I am new to this forum and would very much like to ask if Old Crone, or Mary from Italy or colliemag are still around and up to bouncing off some ideas surrounding the infamous Harris Lazarus/Ryder and his movements after seemingly splitting from Harriet after he was parolled from Portland prison? I may be a relative having studied the many threads on this topic a few years ago, but have no-one to consult on my theory. I would be so grateful if some one would respond. The reference is : Jewish connection? by colliemag in the archives. I can give some background on the family if there is hope of resurrecting the subject.

Originally posted by desperatelyseeking View Post
    Hallo. I am new to this forum and would very much like to ask if Old Crone, or Mary from Italy or colliemag are still around and up to bouncing off some ideas surrounding the infamous Harris Lazarus/Ryder and his movements after seemingly splitting from Harriet after he was parolled from Portland prison? I may be a relative having studied the many threads on this topic a few years ago, but have no-one to consult on my theory. I would be so grateful if some one would respond. The reference is : Jewish connection? by colliemag in the archives. I can give some background on the family if there is hope of resurrecting the subject.
    This brings back memories - this is the link to the thread to which I also contributed.
    Questions, answers and general information about your family history research.

Funnily enough, I was looking through all my assorted trees on ancestry a few days ago and debating whether I should delete some of them to which I have no personal connection. Anyway, I didn't - which is good news given this renewed interest in them. At the time, I set up a tree for the Lazarus family as it seemed the best way to keep on top of all the complications - me as owner and Mary from Italy as editor. It's pretty well documented/sourced with more hints coming up which I can't view/check with not having a current ancestry sub.
    If you, or anyone else who was involved in the thread want to access it, just PM me with your ancestry user name, and I will send an invitation. (It's set up as a private tree).
    The tree also incorporates info from this thread:

Christine
    Last edited by Karamazov; 18-10-18, 00:17.
    Researching:
    HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Christine. Thank you so much, I am so relieved! I remember your user name now. At the time of writing my post (a less detailed version of the one prior which seems to have gone amiss somehow) I couldn't find the thread on the site to access all the names. I discover I have 9% euro Jewish in my otherwise English DNA and maybe this is it!
      I feel nervous about about this link to Harris as it is just a feeling after years of trying to trace this man's background pre 1881 Census which puts him squarely in the place of (presumed) husband to Maria (nee Whittingham) my maternal great grandmother. I was excited and surprised to have the story on FF unfold because it dovetails with what may have been his escape into a new life after parole in 1871 also appearing to leave Harriet behind? We always knew him as Harry Ryder but the Lazarus part was never part of our knowledge I don't think.I won't expand further now but you are welcome to visit my tree.
      My user name is lynettemnapier I think. Otherwise, my email is email removed
      I have a subscription just until January so am trying to fit in the research with a busy job helping to raise my grandchildren ages two and three! I am very illiterate concerning posting and blogging so apologies if I'm a bit slow. Thank you again,
      Lynette

Comment

I've sent an invite to the ancestry user name you gave so you should get an email alert with a link to accept the invitation.

I won't be able to view your tree as I don't have a current ancestry sub.

Christine
        Last edited by Karamazov; 18-10-18, 17:31.
        Researching:
        HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Working...
        X