Tone vale asylum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tone vale asylum

Tone Vale (Asylum) Hospital was a mental hospital was a joint mental hospital for Somerset and Bath at Cotford Farm, Bishops Lydeard.
    I'm trying to find out any details such as admission, diagnoses, treatment, and date of death of one Eliza Dyer around the time of 1900. Thanks in advance.

The NA Hospital Database has details of what, and where, records are held.

The Hospital Records (HOSPREC) Database was the result of a collaborative project between the Wellcome Library and The National Archives to bring together information about the existence and location of the records of UK hospitals. This information includes: the administrative details of the hospitals, and their status or type the location and covering dates of […]

Takes you to the relevant page.

Chris
    Avatar....My darling mum, Irene June Robinson nee Pearson 1931-2019.

'Take nothing on its looks, take everything on evidence. There is no better rule' Charles Dickens, Great Expectations.

Comment

Sorry i cant seem to work out the right direction to search

Comment

Ancestry UK, Lunacy register

The only thing I can find relates to an Eliza Dyer who died in a Somerset Mental Hospital in 1884. Admitted13/01/1884, died 24/07/1884.

An Eliza Dyer admitted Somerset 08/02/1882 discharged 16/03/1883 reld ? relieved as opposed to recovered/death

Vera
        Last edited by vera2013; 14-10-18, 21:54.

Comment

Ignore above. Chris' link shows that hospital was founded in 1897.

Vera
          Last edited by vera2013; 14-10-18, 21:58.

Comment

Sorry for the delay in replying.....Life has a habit of getting in the way of research

The link I gave you to the Hospital Database only shows you what, for what period and where you can access the records.

For your time frame the Clinical & Patients 1897 - 1960 and Admission & Discharge 1897 - 1990 would appear to apply and they are available at the Somerset Heritage Centre.

In the link I gave you if you click on the 'i', next to Somerset Record Centre in the 'Records can be found at' section, it will take you to the centre's contact details and a link to their website. From there, you should, be able to find details of copying/research charges if you are unable to visit in person.

Good luck with your research
            Chris
            Avatar....My darling mum, Irene June Robinson nee Pearson 1931-2019.

'Take nothing on its looks, take everything on evidence. There is no better rule' Charles Dickens, Great Expectations.

Comment

Working...
            X