Mary Watchorn age at death?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elaine View Post
    Getting there slowly Julie, bigger gaps between hospital appts! Thanks for asking x
    This is good, did they get to the bottom of it?
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Yes, it's auto immune, tablets are immuno suppressants and steroids to start with and now on my way down with the steroids and don't it half hurt when you reduce!

Used to loose my way on the threads a bit so sorry everyone but think it's coming back at last!!!:D
      Last edited by Elaine; 17-09-18, 21:26.
      Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
      http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine View Post
        Yes, it's auto immune, tablets are immuno suppressants and steroids to start with and now on my way down with the steroids and don't it half hurt when you reduce!

Used to loose my way on the threads a bit so sorry everyone but think it's coming back at last!!!:D
        blimey!.. great that you are getting sorted at last though :smilee:
        Julie

Comment

These are the details for George's death on FMP:
          Watchom George born 1758 died 1824 buried1824 Leicestershire Burials Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, England.

Can you search by date and place on your disc Julie - could narrow it down a bit.
          Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Can help with that one buried 23 May 1824 labourer no age given

***Amended sorry lost my mojo again it's

George (killed with lightning) May 23 age 66
            Last edited by Elaine; 17-09-18, 22:18.
            Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
            http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

Found another little snippet, if it is your George - the clothes were displayed in order to raise money for his widow, so Mary (?) was still alive then.

https://www.le.ac.uk/lahs/downloads/...2-87%20(6).pdf

Scroll down to page 33/466.
              Linda

Comment

And yet another little piece to add to the mix. I was looking at Sarah Robinson in the 1841 and noticed she was a Schoolmistress. I had just come across a mention in an 1869 journal of the Leicestershire Architectural Society and it was talking about schools in Melton Mowbray at the turn of the 19th century:

"King Street - Girls School house: George Watchorn; his wife kept an infant school." https://www.le.ac.uk/lahs/downloads/...(3)%202of2.pdf Page 204/230

Could it be that Sarah taught at her mother's school?
                Linda

Comment

The image for their marriage is on FMP.

In case you do not have this .............

It shows the witnesses to be E. Hill, Ann Rippon (her mark) and W. Parks
                  My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                    Thank you Sylvia, did you see anything for George Watchorn at all d.1824? [after being struck by lightning]

Thanks Elaine x I did see Mary on the burial disc but couldn't spot anything for George! [hope you are keeping well?]

from Leicestershire burials .....

George Watchom 66 Birth year 1758
                    Burial date 23 May 1824 Melton Mowbray Anglican

nothing further on the image
                    My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Originally posted by ozgirl View Post
                      These are the details for George's death on FMP:
                      Watchom George born 1758 died 1824 buried1824 Leicestershire Burials Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, England.

Can you search by date and place on your disc Julie - could narrow it down a bit.
                      No I can't search by date it is by surname and I can see Mary just George isn't there in my results. [am looking through all the Watchorns/Watchem/Watchom] but I think that it's possibly them that you have found.

Just need to look for John now to see if I can spot him and if he married!..

was looking at familysearch and they do have some information and possibly a baptism of George Watchorn in 1759 @ Harby with Parents George & Mary... [Harby is next village to Hose] so a possible at least.
                      Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Sylvia C View Post
                        The image for their marriage is on FMP.

In case you do not have this .............

It shows the witnesses to be E. Hill, Ann Rippon (her mark) and W. Parks
                        erm whose marriage Sylvia?

no I don't have FMP only Ancestry :(

but Rippon was Mary's MN
                        Julie

Comment

And yet another little piece to add to the mix. I was looking at Sarah Robinson in the 1841 and noticed she was a Schoolmistress. I had just come across a mention in an 1869 journal of the Leicestershire Architectural Society and it was talking about schools in Melton Mowbray at the turn of the 19th century:

"King Street - Girls School house: George Watchorn; his wife kept an infant school." https://www.le.ac.uk/lahs/downloads/...(3)%202of2.pdf Page 204/230

Could it be that Sarah taught at her mother's school?
                          Yes, I was just reading that!.. she was a schoolmistress [Sarah] so maybe this IS my George & Mary...

do you think that it would have been reported in any local papers? [not that I know how to look in those cos it always baffles me!]
                          Julie

Comment

When you report an error in the index to GRO - they look at the copy of the register entry they have - if the information has been transcribed wrongly, they will correct it, but if the index correctly reflects the information they have on their entry they won't.
                            Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
                            Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Originally posted by AntonyM View Post
                              When you report an error in the index to GRO - they look at the copy of the register entry they have - if the information has been transcribed wrongly, they will correct it, but if the index correctly reflects the information they have on their entry they won't.
                              Ah I see, thank you Antony.
                              Julie

Comment

Could someone check the image on FMP and tell me if there is more information please

George Watchorn
                                birth: 1759
                                baptism: 23 September 1759 Harby, Leicestershire, England, United Kingdom
                                baptism: 23 September 1759

parents George & Mary

and this please

Marriage:
                                Name: John Watchorn
                                Event Type: Marriage
                                Event Date: 29 Jan 1840
                                Event Place: Asfordby, Leicestershire, England, United Kingdom

sp: Harriett Moss

thank you kindly
                                Julie

Comment

Also on FMP is a baptism for Mary Rippin in 1759 in Wymondham, not too far from Melton I think. Could also be worth a look.
                                  Linda

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                                    Could someone check the image on FMP and tell me if there is more information please

George Watchorn
                                    birth: 1759
                                    baptism: 23 September 1759 Harby, Leicestershire, England, United Kingdom
                                    baptism: 23 September 1759

parents George & Mary

and this please

Marriage:
                                    Name: John Watchorn
                                    Event Type: Marriage
                                    Event Date: 29 Jan 1840
                                    Event Place: Asfordby, Leicestershire, England, United Kingdom

sp: Harriett Moss

thank you kindly
                                    I have got the George one for you Julie. Now looking at the John and did you know there is also a marriage of a John in Melton Mowbray as well as the one you mentioned?
                                    Sorry, ignore that - same marriage just registered Melton
                                    Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 18-09-18, 09:46.
                                    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Oh the John one is a proper marriage cert, gives father George as a Grocer. Have saved it.
                                      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Also on FMP is a baptism for Mary Rippin in 1759 in Wymondham, not too far from Melton I think. Could also be worth a look.
                                        could someone check this please.

Thank you Chris

I have been looking but not finding much in the way of information for John. I think now that the family [Watchorns] were quite large in Harby so I guess it'll be a case of building trees to see where/if they fit in!
                                        Julie

Comment

No more for George.

John and father both grocers.
                                          Harriet's father John -a grazier
                                          Witnesses: M A Short, John Moss and Thos Clark - all signed

See we cross posted . leave it to you then Chrissie
                                          Last edited by Katarzyna; 18-09-18, 09:56.
                                          Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Working...
                                          X