No announcement yet.

Could this be the same couple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I would glean from that would be as Sarah Brown with Arthur in 1911 as 'housekeeper" and did not marry until 1928 she was more than likely a Widow at the time of the marriage. In other words if she was the sort to lie, she could have done it earlier.

Could have married Arthur in 1928 soon after William's death or any point in between. I expect there are a lot of deaths for a William Brown between 1911 and 1928.

Marriages of he children may pinpoint when father William died.
    Will take another look.

Vera
    Last edited by vera2013; 10-09-18, 21:47.

Comment

thanks for looking Vera, I have been looking for any likely deaths in those years, but as you say lots of William Brown's.

Comment

Not as many as I thought. As the Brown family moved into Essex and Sarah and Arthur may have been keen to marry, perhaps this death for William

William Brown b 1859 aged 69
        March q 1828 (believe Sarah married later that year)
        West Ham
        4a Vol 121

Ancestry UK burials and cremation index

William Brown buried West Ham Cemetery 26/01/1928

Vera

Comment

I always forget to eliminate. Unfortunately at least 5 other possible William Browns for that 1928 death b 1859 living within W Ham reg area in 1911

Vera
          Last edited by vera2013; 11-09-18, 09:40.

Comment

Thanks again Vera, I wondered as he is by himself in 1911 in Clerkenwell, if maybe he died in that area? but then again maybe, he was only there for work, and moved to Essex when he retired? so many questions.
            I might give up on him ,and concentrate more on his first wife, love to know what happened to her.
            Thanks for all your help.

Comment

I wonder Val and now here are the ifs, if he was the chap of the trial, did he ever get work as a Lithographer after serving his time. Seem to remember he worked for a famous Printers.
              There are Trade Union Records on FMP for the Amalgamated Union of Printers etc but reveal little.
              Did, if etc, the family move to Essex because of the notoriety of the case. Two children b Essex.
              Something hopefully will come up soon for your William and Ann Elizabeth.

Vera

Comment

I am 99% sure he is the fellow Vera, so many things add up, I did wonder if Ann left him when she realised, as they married before that.
                I did wonder why he says single in 1911
                Thanks again for your help, really appreciate all your hard work.

Comment

Working...
                X