Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone able to find a Canadian death record c2015?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone able to find a Canadian death record c2015?

I have an individual who I am 99% convinced is who I am looking for in my quest for a friend.
    She is on the list of unclaimed estates www. quebec-unclaimed.org.
    With the Montreal address being only a few streets away from where I knew she worked in the 1960's.

I will not post details on an open forum, even though she is deceased, but wondered if anyone had a way of looking up recent deaths in Montreal to get her DoB?

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Trevor, you have me slightly confused here. Are we talking about Australian or Canadian sources?
    Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

If it's Australian, you could try the Ryerson Index.

Comment

Like grumpy, I too am confused by the request for an Australian death record, for someone who seemingly lived and died in Montreal, Canada
        My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Me too. I googled it just in case there was a place called Montreal in Australia but no joy. Let us know which it is please Trevor.

Comment

DOH!!!

I meant Canadian.
            I mistakenly put Australian, as that is where they originally came from and it stuck in my mind

Researching:
            FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

I've changed the thread title for you Trevor.

Comment

Have you tried looking for obituaries? Because of privacy laws, Canadian deaths aren't available until, I think, 20 years after death (may vary from province to province). You could also try contacting the Quebec family history society (https://qfhs.ca/) or one of the libraries in Montreal to see if they can help.
                Jenny

Comment

Working...
                X