Is it Worth me upgrading to FTM2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it Worth me upgrading to FTM2018

I currently use FTM 2012 64 bit in windows 10 I want to upgrade to a more modern programme.
    I lost a huge amount of information when I upgraded to FTM 2012 64 bit from an earlier FTM programme.
    I am still finding files are missing six years on, will the same thing happen if I upgrade to 2018 if so I won't bother and I will continue to use FTM 2012.

I've upgraded and not lost a single thing.

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

I have upgraded to FTM2017 (no such thing as 2018 yet) and have had no problems with losing files. I work on my tree on Ancestry then sync with FTM. When I no longer have a sub with Ancestry I shall still be able to view all my media files-photos, census forms etc as they are all automatically stored in a separate media file during the sync. (unlike a gedcom file which doesn't transfer media files)
      Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

ay
        Thank you very much KatarZna and Trevor Franklin that is very encouraging, the previous change to a more modern programme was a disaster, every link to a photograph was lost most of the names were incomplete Ancestry should have been ashamed of the programme they sold me as it was a load of junk and caused me a huge amount of problems, particularly as the records were of some two and a half thousand records of my family.
        These were records I had gathered over twenty years from visiting the record offices in person none of it was from the internet or sites like Ancestry.
        It was one of the reasons I have never joined a site like Ancestry as if they can sell me a load of junk how accurate are the records they are selling me access to?

, 00:

Comment

Working...
        X