Newspaper search please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newspaper search please

Could someone please look for a report of the unveiling of the war memorial at Symington, Ayrshire?

suppose you've seen this
    This site is dedicated to those men and women who fell fighting for their country. Recorded here are various war memorials within a variety of counties including main sections for Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Huntingdonshire, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire and Norfolk. There are also other counties such as Hertfordshire, Essex, Northamptonshire, Oxfordshire, Suffolk, Yorkshire and even the Channel Islands (although provied with individual links they appear under the banner 'Other Counties'). Where possible photographs have been taken of the memorials, details of the men included and their photographs as far as possible. The war memorials and rolls of honour cover a variety of regiments, airfields and air bases as well as the memorials and cemeteries in the countries overseas where the men fell.

Comment

Sunday post 22 May 1921.pdf
      seems to be small ??? hope this helps

could send you it
      Last edited by Guest; 17-08-18, 13:52.

Comment

The Scotsman 27 May 1921.pdf
        hope this works

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]18981[/ATTACH]
          hope this works
          Sadly Val, that's the one for the Free Church, a wooden panel. I'm on the trail of the big granite one in the village square. Many thanks though.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
            I have seen the list Val thanks, It's not the men on it I need though, it's the date of dedication that I'm after because I need to establish when an aunt of mine was at Symington school. We have a post card of the war memorial which we think was given to all school pupils as a memento either that or her parents bought it. I need to establish from when to when the family were there.

Comment

Bit confusing 2 dates not clear which memorial although one unveiled when weather was 'unfavourable'.

Glasgow, Lanarkshire the Sunday Post dated 27 Feb 1921
              Symington Parish War Memorial is being unveiled today (Sunday) by General Sir Charles Ferguson KCB of Kilkerran

Carlukie and Lanarkshire, The Gazette August 19th 1921
              Captain Walter E Elliot who unveiled the Symington War memorial on Sunday last
              stated that of the many war memorials
              he had unveiled, he has never been called upon to perform the function in unfavourable weather.

Vera
              Last edited by vera2013; 17-08-18, 19:02.

Comment

Working...
              X