No announcement yet.

John Henry Humphreys Born Around 1860

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dont know if you have or would like Walter's army records?? if so I would need your email.

Comment

bap for Walter
      Walter Leonard Humphreys
      Birth Date: 7 Jan 1899
      Baptism Date: 15 Mar 1899
      Baptism Place: Beckenham, Kent, England
      Father: John Henry Humphreys
      Mother: Emma Elisabeth

Comment

another child
        HUMPHREYS, ERNEST THOMAS GREEN
        GRO Reference: 1909 S Quarter in BROMLEY Volume 02A Page 580

Comment

his death
          Ernest Thomas Humphreys
          Registration Year: 1909
          Registration Quarter: Jul-Aug-Sep
          Registration district: Bromley
          Parishes for this Registration District: View Ecclesiastical Parishes associated with this Registration District
          Inferred County: Kent
          Volume: 2a
          Page: 580

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
            his death
            Ernest Thomas Humphreys
            Registration Year: 1909
            Registration Quarter: Jul-Aug-Sep
            Registration district: Bromley
            Parishes for this Registration District: View Ecclesiastical Parishes associated with this Registration District
            Inferred County: Kent
            Volume: 2a
            Page: 580
            Hi Val thanks so much for this!! I think I already have Walters army records but never knew there was another child!! This is so interesting! Gives me something else to work with. Still wondering if they got married.

Thanks again, I really appreciate it

Comment

am still looking for stuff, but its not easy.

Comment

when did Emily Elizabeth die ?

Comment

if its her in 1939 funny she says single and not widow ??? and her maiden name isn't mentioned.

looks like John Henry the son born 1889 is with her
                  Humphreys Household (2 People)
                  33 Bridge Place , Croydon C.B., Surrey, England

Emma E Humphreys 12 Jan 1872 Female Charwoman Single 310 1
                  Jack ? Humphreys 01 Jun 1889 Male Gardener Married 310 2
                  Last edited by Guest; 19-08-18, 23:12.

Comment

could this be herEmily Eliza Humphreys will.JPG

Comment

if its her in 1939 funny she says single and not widow ??? and her maiden name isn't mentioned.

looks like John Henry the son born 1889 is with her
                      Humphreys Household (2 People)
                      33 Bridge Place , Croydon C.B., Surrey, England

Emma E Humphreys 12 Jan 1872 Female Charwoman Single 310 1
                      Jack ? Humphreys 01 Jun 1889 Male Gardener Married 310 2
                      On the 1939 register record I have of this attached to my tree Emma is listed as a widow and Jack (John Henry Jnr) is listed as single. So again it would indicate that Emma and JH were married.

Comment

could this be her[ATTACH=CONFIG]18982[/ATTACH]
                        For some reason I don't yet have permission to click on this to enlarge it. Could you please tell me the date?

I have her listed as dying in 1960 but I'm not sure if that is correct.

Thank you.

Comment

This is the link to the 1939 https://www.ancestry.co.uk/interacti...&usePUBJs=true

I think that death #29 belongs to someone else Val. I have looked into the Annie Louisa Grigg.
                          Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 20-08-18, 10:54.
                          Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Chloecee View Post
                            For some reason I don't yet have permission to click on this to enlarge it. Could you please tell me the date?

I have her listed as dying in 1960 but I'm not sure if that is correct.

Thank you.
                            It says 23rd May 1966, but I think it's someone else.

I think you have been looking at this one, though it does say born about 1875 -

Emma E Humphreys Death Age:85 Birth Date:abt 1875 Registration Date:Dec 1960 Registration district:Bromley Inferred County:Kent Volume:5b Page:130

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
                              It says 23rd May 1966, but I think it's someone else.

I think you have been looking at this one, though it does say born about 1875 -

Emma E Humphreys Death Age:85 Birth Date:abt 1875 Registration Date:Dec 1960 Registration district:Bromley Inferred County:Kent Volume:5b Page:130

Yes that's the one!! the about 1875 bit is what makes me question it

Comment

just noticed on 1939 on FMP although it says S for single it does say W on the actual image.

Chrissie yes I wasn't sure about that one either.
                                Last edited by Guest; 20-08-18, 12:16.

Comment

just noticed on 1939 on FMP although it says S for single it does say W on the actual image.

Chrissie yes I wasn't sure about that one either.
                                  I’ve had a few issues with FMP transcriptions not correlating with the actual document.

1939 is the last definite record I have for both Emma & John Henry Junior. I don’t know where they end up after this. The other siblings I have managed to trace.

I just think it’s strange that there is no evidence that John Henry & Emma ever married even though they are listed as married on the 1911 census, Emma took Humphreys as her surname and then on the 1939 register she is listed as a widow (John Henry died 1912).

Comment

Have you looked for earlier John Henry Humphreys (& variants) marriages? The most common reason for there being no marriage is that one of the couple already had a living spouse.

Nothing showing up for any much later Humphrey/Green marriage
                                    I had a couple who cohabited for almost 40 yrs before getting married. By that time the groom was approaching retirement & OAP entitlement - he would have been awarded a larger weekly sum if married, and also if he died first, his widow would have then had an award. I strongly suspect that future finances was the reason for the marriage - neither party had had a previous marriage, so no reason why they couldn't have married decades earlier. That bride's mother had had a truly awful marriage and it seems none of her daughters wanted to follow suit and I don't blame them.

Jay
                                    Last edited by Janet in Yorkshire; 20-08-18, 15:23.
                                    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

I hope you don't mind if I put these inks to the census here. It helps me not to have to keep looking for them.

1911 - https://www.ancestry.co.uk/interacti...&usePUBJs=true

1901 - https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...=try&h=5189662

1891 - https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...try&h=12287165

Comment

I have looked at a couple of possibles taken from GRO index. John H Humphries b 1858 Madeley Reg no mothers maiden name and John H b 1862 Wellington Reg mmn Picken

The Madeley reg could be a John H born to Mary Ann Humphries spinster abode ? Fingers. A John H was boarded out from age of 3 with Done/Dony/Dinah/Diannah Price at Kellys Buildings, Fingers Lane. He is with Dinah in 1871. She dies 1875. Cant see John H in 1881. There is a John H living Derbyshire b Fingers, Shropshire m to Ann England. He is with Ann in 1891 and widowed in 1911.

There is a John Humpries in 1871 b Wombridge with mother Margaret (Picken) Widow and sibs Joseph and Mary Ann. Cant see them after this time or re-marriage for mother Margaret

I have looked briefly for John H's previously married but so far with their wives in 1891. John H either had a difficult childhood or moved around a lot as he cannot seem to remember pob or dob or he may chose not to.

Vera

Comment

wouldn't be surprised if john was born illegitimately, and took a step father's name growing up. perhaps he married under that name? my 3rd great grandfather wa sborn a poole, but took his step father's name of ford, and was that is the name he married under and kept his adult life.

Comment

Working...
                                          X