No announcement yet.

David Burn Vickerman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Val. I'm not bothered about having the actual record as it is not for my tree. Would you just be kind enough to confirm that there is evidence to show that Wilfred sailed to Oz in 1912, please? And did he go to Melbourne?
    Many thanks for your continued help with this.

Jay
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

if he is Wilfred Tennyson Vickerman born 1891 Beeford Yorks, then he landed in Sydney Australia 22 Jul 1912, and in the army records for 1914-1920 he is a Missionary in Melbourne.

Comment

Thanks for that Val - all those personal details are spot on.
        Nothing to do with my war roll of honour project at all, but now my mind is going off on a tangent due to the word "missionary!" Were the Vickermans a religious family? Did Wilfred go to Oz to be a missionary? Lol, the questions are endless. Am I the only person on the forum with a butterfly mind, or does anyone else get distracted and go off exploring all the pathways in the maze? I seem to spend a lot of time on "I wonder if ...."

Jay
        Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

I know exactly what you mean. I got carried away and am now obsessed with a 2nd great aunt, cannot leave it till I know what happened to her.

Comment

Working...
          X