Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trouble finding a birth record Margaret Jane Morris

That is the one with a fathers name or Samuel. I believe that Margaret also died as an infant or toddler, i think i saw a death record somewhere on my travels.

Yes, Cornelius is with Charlotte on the 1911 Census and there is a death notice for Charlotte in the FMP newspaper collection.

What is the cause of death for Margaret, Rebecca? I assume it is childbirth-related?
    Last edited by Elizabeth Herts; 15-07-18 at 17:15. Reason: clarification
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Herts View Post
    That's the one I have been investigating too, Gwen.
    There is a marraige for a Samuel Morris and Isabella Fletcher in Bolton, 1865, assume this is the Samuel you Rebecca referred to as the wrong one?
    GWEN

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Herts View Post
    Yes, Cornelius is with Charlotte on the 1911 Census and there is a death notice for Charlotte in the FMP newspaper collection.

What is the cause of death for Margaret, Rebecca? I assume it is childbirth-related?
    Yes i believe it was puerperal fever for Margaret and Pneumonia for Bridget.

I never did much research on Charlotte so didn't realise there was a notice in the paper. I haven't found any newpaper records for anyone in my tree yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwen@coggiecorner View Post
    There is a marraige for a Samuel Morris and Isabella Fletcher in Bolton, 1865, assume this is the Samuel you Rebecca referred to as the wrong one?
    Im not sure, the Birth record i ordered gave a mother name of Alice not Isabella but Alice was also formally a Fletcher.

Quote Originally Posted by rebeccawilson100 View Post
    Im not sure, the Birth record i ordered gave a mother name of Alice not Isabella but Alice was also formally a Fletcher.
    but yes i currently believe this to be the wrong record .... but they way my research is going it could well be right. the only thing i have telling me it is wrong is that the fathers name on Margaret's marriage is down as Charles.

Quote Originally Posted by rebeccawilson100 View Post
    but yes i currently believe this to be the wrong record .... but they way my research is going it could well be right. the only thing i have telling me it is wrong is that the fathers name on Margaret's marriage is down as Charles.
    According to ancestry the Margaret with the father or Samuel died very young so i doubt this is my relative

https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...=successSource

I've eliminated a Margaret or Margaretta born in the Aberystwith district in 1851. Her father was Thomas and she married William Hughes Jones.
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Could she be Scottish? Just a thought!
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:

Rebecca, you might want to contact the person who has this tree:

https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Morris-3945
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests: