Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: William Everitt

You could be in luck Lin. Just had a quick look and there isn't a birth for John William Everitt (or even Everett if mis-spelling) birth that fits the death in Nottingham. Only Coventry and Spalding. So looks like it could have been a mistake by whoever registered it.

Fingers crossed!!
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Just to let you all know. It was the right certificate.

Registered by his daughter and the address I knew for her. He had moved from the last sighting I had of him but retired Lace Dyer which fitted.

How would I ever have found him. Nowhere was he called John and he had a brother John anyway. Also buried as Thomas William!!

Thank you everyone.

Just one last comment. Nowhere near as much fun waiting for a PDF as it used to be waiting for the postman and snatching the mail out of his hand. Poor postie!!
    Lin

Two of my postmen used to recognise the envelopes I was waiting for and so would knock on the door to hand them over in person, rather than just popping them through the letter box! They were always so pleased to share in my delight.
    Living in a very small place, the posties get to know some of us very well (and our habits) - if there's a parcel for me, apparently one postie sometimes checks the bar in the village pub where he always goes in to use the loo. (He delivers to the pub before
    he gets to my house.)
    In case anyone's wondering, I don't hang out at the village pub every day It's the only pub in the village, so I try to pop up once a week for lunch and a drink just to show them a little support. So many villages have lost their pubs, or they only open part time - I would hate to see ours go the same way.
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lin Fisher View Post
    Just to let you all know. It was the right certificate.

Registered by his daughter and the address I knew for her. He had moved from the last sighting I had of him but retired Lace Dyer which fitted.

How would I ever have found him. Nowhere was he called John and he had a brother John anyway. Also buried as Thomas William!!

Thank you everyone.

Just one last comment. Nowhere near as much fun waiting for a PDF as it used to be waiting for the postman and snatching the mail out of his hand. Poor postie!!
    Yes I know that feeling.. I was curious as to why I couldn't find Samuel Shelton after 1891 census in Hucknall. there only seemed one likely and he was in Beeston in 1901. for YEARS I thought this was him UNTIL I was perusing the burial books and found a Samuel BEESON being buried, Now I know that his mums MN was Beeson/Beeston. ordered the pdf.. and it was him, so, problem solved. Just need to find his brother William now!.. [not easy as he was a G/Guard and in London]
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

Janet, our postman has been coming for years and when I worked he can to pick the post up there in the evening and would bring me any parcels or letters that needed signing for. So good to have a friendly postman.

Julie, Glad you found your Samuel, I had loads of trouble with my Whiles, a few I have posted on here for advice but when I took a sub out for deceased on line because they had most of the Nottingham Cemeteries there I found most of them. Just Matilda to find.
    Lin