Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burials in London

Hello,

I have two burials in the Southwark District (Helen Streater, 1901 and Sarah Brown Harding, 1902). Helen was living in Camberwell on the 1901 Census, and Sarah was in Newington. Can anyone find an exact burial site? Also, Eliza MacGregor was buried in the Lewisham district in 1886 and was living in Sydenham in 1881. Can anyone find her too?

Thanks,

Adam

Originally posted by AdamMcGregor View Post
    Hello,

I have two burials in the Southwark District (Helen Streater, 1901 and Sarah Brown Harding, 1902).

Thanks,

Adam
    DeceasedOnline seems to have both of them, but you need a sub

Those are the only two records I found on ancestry - except CivReg Death index, of course

Comment

and Eliza

Comment

Helen Streater burial 25/11/1901 Camberwell Old Cemetery (,Southwark)

Sarah B Harding burial 15/12/1902 Nunhead Cemetery Southwark

Eliza Macgregor 10/05/1886 Ladywell Cemetery, Lewisham

Vera
        Last edited by vera2013; 16-06-18, 05:19.

Comment

Thank you very much!

Comment

Can you find Mary Ann Lipman, died 1936 in the East Ham district? Her husband was Jewish and buried at Plashet Jewish Cemetery but she wasn't.

Comment

For many sites, like the two you have requested lookups for today, you can search for free and then decide if you want to pay for the records, or ask somebody, if they are there.

https://www.deceasedonline.com/servlet/GSDOSearch - I had a quick look and didn't see her, but best you try yourself to be sure.
              Caroline
              Caroline's Family History Pages
              Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Thanks. I'll take a look now.

Comment

More burial information

Hello,

Mary Ann Lipman died in East Ham in 1936. I can find no burial for her. But my Grandad remembers seeing a memorial card describing her as Mary Ann Sands - her maiden name. There is a record in Kent that says a Mary Ann Sands was buried in a cemetery there on the 17th of August 1936. Can anyone view this and tell me where it was, last address, age etc?

Thanks,

Adam McGregor

Comment

Actually, there's a woman in Croydon who is probably the one buried in Kent.

Comment

Are you the poster relating to the following set of posts on Rootschat?

If so, I don't need to say that It really does help those who are kind enough to spend the time to help posters if they:

(a) provide full details of the person and/or information they are looking for - in this case where have you found / what is the source of the information you post above?
                      (b) set out the details that they know already (and thus what is unknown) including posts/requests and help they have received in the past;

Cheers

Comment

From a search I find this record is available from deceasedonline who have reasonable pay per view charges for accessing burial records (from £1.50) and they also have a subscription service if you have (as it seems you do) lots of burial records to ID. Have you considered this?

Comment

This was the final burial I was looking at so I won't be needing a subscription, as it doesn't appear to be on deceasedonline anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Bertie View Post
                            Are you the poster relating to the following set of posts on Rootschat?

If so, I don't need to say that It really does help those who are kind enough to spend the time to help posters if they:

(a) provide full details of the person and/or information they are looking for - in this case where have you found / what is the source of the information you post above?
                            (b) set out the details that they know already (and thus what is unknown) including posts/requests and help they have received in the past;

Cheers
                            It also helps considerably if you keep posts about the same people (Mary Ann Lipman) on the same thread, so I have merged today's thread with the one from the weekend.
                            Caroline
                            Caroline's Family History Pages
                            Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

If you don't have a sub for deceased online but have some credits, you are able to identify a little more than the free search without using your credits ie Date of burial and name of Cemetery. Further details need payment of sub or credits.

Mary Ann Sands who was registered Croydon was buried 17/08/1936 Tunbridge Wells Borough Cemetery, Kent.

Can't see a burial anywhere for the Mary Ann reg Mar q 1936 also b 1949. Her maiden name was Sands.

Vera

Comment

Thank you for doing that search. No, I don't know where she can be either :(

Comment

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
                                  If you don't have a sub for deceased online but have some credits, you are able to identify a little more than the free search without using your credits ie Date of burial and name of Cemetery. Further details need payment of sub or credits.
                                  That's worth knowing Vera - thanks

Comment

Working...
                                  X