No announcement yet.

Sefton Council are looking for Family of War Hero WW1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning - this is 10 miles from where I live - Caradoc Road address - does this suggestion sound daft ?...The Caradoc pub is still open - do you think anyone in the pub might know of his family ? if so I could pop in and leave some details ...and have a pint of course ...lol
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Originally posted by garstonite View Post
      Good Morning - this is 10 miles from where I live - Caradoc Road address - does this suggestion sound daft ?...The Caradoc pub is still open - do you think anyone in the pub might know of his family ? if so I could pop in and leave some details ...and have a pint of course ...lol
      Anything is worth a try Allan, if nothing comes of it at least you tried! [and you got a pint out of it]
      Last edited by Darksecretz; 20-06-18, 07:29.
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Allan, I never cease to be amazed by what issues and queries can be sorted out by you boys over a pint in the pub!:D :D Go for it!

Jay
        Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

You will be disappointed to know that you don’t even have to buy a drink Allan

This post reminded me of a time on GR when we were going on holiday to Cornwall. A GR member was asking if anyone could take a photograph of the old station house on the Atlantic highway, where her Gt. Gt. grandfather lived. We went to the area that we thought it was, but just to be sure I popped in the nearby pub and asked if there was anyone old enough to remember which house the station house used to be. Sure enough, a very old gentleman was pointed out to me, who confirmed that it was the house I thought. I wonder if the GR lady is a member on here?
          Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Family history and pubs is a perfect combination. When ever practical I take OH to a pub with a family connection to keep him sweet and in return he helps by looking for graves when we go to the local churches.

Comment

Val I will get on to my political contacts and get a response from the people doing the awards, this is not good enough as I sent a message to them too.
              Allan you are a gem, thank you for taking the trouble but first let me make sure the Caradoc is still open as it looked closed up last time I was in the area, I will check with my daughter who is a publican.

Comment

My daughter said the Caradoc Pub is still open and is on Caradoc Road leading to Seaforth Road

Edna

Comment

Sent mine to Shaun Pimblett at Sefton Council, may not have helped though, but they could have acknowledged them.

Comment

So did I Val I left him an answer phone message at lunchtime today but he has not yet got back to me.
                    I will let you know if he does.

Edna

Comment

got an answer from the Council today, they seem to have a contact in Seaforth now.

Comment

That’s great news Val, I got a reply saying they would look at the thread on this site
                        it will be nice for a family member to be there to receive the award on his behalf.

Edna

Comment

yes it would be great, hope it works out.

Comment

Working...
                          X