Monte carlo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monte carlo

I've got the will of a distant aunt, states address as london but death in 1917 monte carlo. The death was not registered in fmp's overseas registrations, where would i get a copy? I presume there had to be proof for the will to be probated?

I think you would need to contact :

Service Etat Civil
    Place de la Mairie
    BP 523
    98015 Monaco cedex

Tél. : (+377) 93 15 28 51 ou 93 15 29 64
    Fax : (+377) 93 15 61 77
    E-mail : etatcivil@mairie.mc

Service Etat Civil (Civil Status Service) Place de la Mairie BP 523 98015 Monaco cedex
    Last edited by Katarzyna; 12-06-18, 12:31.
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Thank you for that, i had wondered if i might have to look through french civil status records for the death.

I've sent an email. Maybe a english translation of a french document stating death may have been enough to get probate.

Comment

What year was probate granted? I would have thought it would have been found in the GRO Consular Indices (on FMP) as normally the death would have been reported to the British High Commission or Consul but as it was wartime.....did we have a consul there during that period???
        Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Probate was granted same year, she died january. I had forgotten it was WWI at the time. I had assumed she was there on holiday, but that would be a dangerous trip wouldn't it?

Comment

I don't know what age the lady was, or her marital status. Was she young enough to have been a civilian volunteer in WW1? In which case, it wouldn't hurt to check the CWGC for elimination purposes.

Jay
            Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

She was an 89 yo english widow, so unlikely to be any kind of war duties.

Comment

Was she buried in Monaco? You can search a database of burials in Monaco's only cemetery here: http://151.80.103.38/bornemonaco/rec...r.html?lang=En

Comment

Working...
                X