No announcement yet.

Help!!! Cordwainer mystery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im looking at the burial records for pat Sullivan on family search and there are quite a few for merthyr in the right time frame, how can i narrow them down?

Comment

im also pretty sure ive found John and Bridget in 1881 as they have a son timothy who is 30 and both John and biddys ages match and John lists his birthplace as kerry.

Comment

What are your thoughts on this one?
        1851 census ages are abit out but
        Cardiff st John-Waterloo place
        Patrick Sullivan Lodger 23- Farm labourer
        Mary Sullivan 25
        John Sullivan-14
        Micheal Sullivan-10
        Thomas Sullivan-7
        Only issues are Patrick's Occupation and John is about 4-5 years older than he should be.

Comment

Oh and theres no Daniel either.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewissullivan View Post
            Oh I get you, that marriage sounds promising however how will this help me with my John and Patrick ?
            Just helps give a picture of who John was living with. From my own, I hasten to add more recent experience, John could be living with a relative or someone from his home area.
            Looked further at the 1861. Over the page following on from Daniel's record there is an Enright family. Wife Catherine is an Hennessy and also in that 1851. So could also be a relative. Think they ended up in Deptford. Not looked thoroughly at the Enright's but it appears husband Patrick switched to being John for one census, as they do.

I'm wondering if there are school records for John Sullivan's children which would give father's name.

Will keep prodding for now.

Vera
            Last edited by vera2013; 14-06-18, 14:43.

Comment

im also pretty sure ive found John and Bridget in 1881 as they have a son timothy who is 30 and both John and biddys ages match and John lists his birthplace as kerry.
              Not sure about that one Lew. Timothy has always been recorded as a Puddler (Iron) which I gather is highly skilled.

Vera

Comment

im looking at the burial records for pat Sullivan on family search and there are quite a few for merthyr in the right time frame, how can i narrow them down?
                Very difficult unless you know where John was born but then that doesn't mean that father Patrick was born in the same area.

Vera

Comment

https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...=successSource

What are your thoughts on this one?
                  1851 census ages are abit out but
                  Cardiff st John-Waterloo place
                  Patrick Sullivan Lodger 23- Farm labourer
                  Mary Sullivan 25
                  John Sullivan-14
                  Micheal Sullivan-10
                  Thomas Sullivan-7
                  Only issues are Patrick's Occupation and John is about 4-5 years older than he should be.
                  Probably not yours then but good to prod. Sometimes something just pops up. However think it is more likely John came over with Daniel.

Vera

Comment

Sound interesting that Pat Enright married a Hennessy. Sounds like thy may be related or at least from the same area.

Comment

Working...
                    X