Deciphering cause of death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deciphering cause of death

Can somebody please have a shot at deciphering what the cause of death is on the attached extract.
    I can make out some of it, but can't even hazzard a guess at where I've put question marks....

...Congenital Malformation of the Heart, then, Asphyxi??, then, ?????????......

TIA
    Attached Files
    DGJay

Can't make out the word after asphyxia but the rest of it is Cerified by officer P Cummings ?RLP
    Researching:
    HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

??? Malformation of the heart. Asphyxia ??? Certified by Arthur P Cummings. LRLP
      Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Originally posted by Lin Fisher View Post
        ??? Malformation of the heart. Asphyxia ??? Certified by Arthur P Cummings. LRLP
        Yep, Arthur looks better than Officer!
        Researching:
        HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

I got the signature bit OK ( Certified by Arthur P Cummings. LRCP {Licentiate of the Royal College of Physicians})

It was the bit at the end of asphyxia? it looks as though there is another letter.
          and the next word after asphyxia?, that I was trying to decipher...
          Last edited by DgJay; 08-05-18, 21:22.
          DGJay

Comment

Congenital Malformation of the Heart. Asphyxia Neonatorum. Certified by Arthur P Cummings.

See this website; https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...1955.tb17351.x

Hope this helps.

Pat
            Last edited by Elderflower; 08-05-18, 22:53. Reason: Added more info

Comment

Better description here: http://www.healthofchildren.com/A/As...eonatorum.html

Pat

Comment

Spot on Pat, especially as the certificate states Age = 2 hours.

Many thanks all
                DGJay

Comment

Working...
                X