No announcement yet.

1939 register now available on Ancestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have found my late Mother on the 1939 register, but why was I not with her, I was born in Dec 1938. Or didn't they record children?

sunny r
    Last edited by Sunny Rosy; 12-05-18, 00:38. Reason: to correct

Comment

Originally posted by Sunny Rosy View Post
      I have found my late Mother on the 1939 register, but why was I not with her, I was born in Dec 1938. Or didn't they record children?

sunny r
      I have just realised that I am recorded with my aunt, Mum's sister who often looked after me in Suffolk, while she spent as much time with my Dad as she could before he went to war, wherever he was stationed , as he was a career soldier. The image for me and my two older cousins are blacked out as we are still living!!!!!

sunny r

Comment

Well, Ancestry's search for a person with the surname Pollard came up straight away when I could not get it on FMP. Using the result from Ancestry (forename and date of birth) I found that FMP had transcribed him as Bllard
        Ho hum! I'm sure there are lots of examples both ways!
        Anne

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
          Well, Ancestry's search for a person with the surname Pollard came up straight away when I could not get it on FMP. Using the result from Ancestry (forename and date of birth) I found that FMP had transcribed him as Bllard
          Ho hum! I'm sure there are lots of examples both ways!
          Anne
          Bound to be, Anne. Often handwriting is easier to decipher when you know what it is supposed to say!

Jay
          Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Originally posted by Guy
            As far as I know FMP remove the redaction from the images and update the National Archives database.
            How often 3rd party datasets are update I do not know but I do know some records which to my knowledge were unredacted in November 2016 are still redacted on Ancestry
            I have a number of 1939 images of the same record and the Ancestry images are the same as the Findmypast images which were updated on or around 18 Feb 2016

I would therefore conclude the dataset used by Ancestry was created between February 2016 and November 2016
            Cheers
            Guy
            It must be more recent than that Guy - I sent my mother's death cert in to FMP in July last year, and they opened the record on 4-Aug-17. That record is also open on Ancestry's current version of the database.

Comment

I agree with you there, I find FMP not as easy to navigate round as ancestry, think I'm going to stick with it now, just hopeful that over the year I will find out the piece of interesting info that will make it all worthwhile!! heres hoping!

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
              maybe you could cancel the sub? I find FMP very difficult to navigate.
              My Family History Blog Site:

https://chiddicksfamilytree.com

Comment

Thanks Guy I am warming to my heritage and will also look at The Genealogist at some point as I have primarily used ancestry.

Comment

It’s a bit late but in view of what happened, I have asked FMP if they could consider giving me a free upgrade to their world package in the interests of keeping my future business. You never know......don’t ask you don’t get!

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                  Paul ring them and ask if they can refund it? as its only a week or so ago.

Comment

Working...
                  X