Enhancing ww2 photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enhancing ww2 photo

Is there a member who has the facility to make a photo clearer, I wish to identify a badge on a "beret" but it is very unclear. A couple of years ago I tried to post a photo using Photobucket, not a very user friendly site and once I had registered they became absolute pests!

If anyone can help could you please send me a P.M. and give me an email address and I will send the photo through.
    Many thanks.
    Toby.

Will do
    Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
    http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

For some reason I can't post the attachment, there's no manage attachments when I go to post
      Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
      http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

Hi Elaine, looks as if Photobucket is proving a problem for everybody.
        If other members read this I ask anyone who is able to post a photo to please send me a PM, someone must be able to get around the problem with Photobucket or there may be another method of photo posting?
        Cheers.
        Toby.

Comment

I've been using this site

Comment

Thanks Jill, I downloaded the photo to the Photo site but I cannot work out how to get it posted onto the Forum, I am not familiar with this type of process! Help!
            Toby

Comment

Toby, you have to copy one of the links and paste here. I generally use the "Hotlink for forums" option.

Comment

This is the photo Toby would like help with.

Comment

Thanks Jill. Georges daughter was told that he was attached to the Canadian Fleet Air Arm in England, dont know in what capacity. Two aircraft carriers were build in 1943 and 1944 and at that stage they were attached to the Royal Navy, perhaps George was a maintenance fellow? There are no other forms of identification on the uniform, just the badge and the beret!
                  Any help would be much appreciated.
                  Thanks.
                  Toby.

Comment

I'm not an expert (or even a beginner!) but when I was in my school cadet force (air force section) our cap badges were round, about 2in across and had the initials RAF in the middle with a circle of "leaves" around the edge. A quick search for "RAF cap badge" seems to show that the badge design was pretty much the same design all the way back as far as WW1.

The A of RAF was bigger than the other letters and it looks like something similar in the photo but it's hard to make out. Also, the leaves round the edge of the badge stopped just short of the top of the badge and there was a crown at the top. Looking at the photo, there does seem to be a gap either side of the "blob" at the top of the badge.

I think that RAF personnel had a cloth badge sewn onto their uniform (jacket, jumper etc) that would indicate which unit they belonged to.

Please take this information with a bag of salt as I'm no expert! Hopefully one will be along to help you soon.

Mark.
                    Last edited by MarkDurham; 01-09-18, 08:31.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Mark. I showed the photo to a few army vets at a military museum, they could not identify the badge, the photo is too bad. I recently obtained the death cert for George and his occupation was shown as "retired seaman" so I reckon that I will have to be satisfied with that!
                      Cheers.
                      Toby.

Comment

Working...
                      X