Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towers family of East Worldham Hampshire

Hello,

I am trying to find records on the parents of my ancestor Ann Streater (born Towers), who was baptised in East Worldham in 1747, to John Towers and his wife, whose name I forget. She married Samuel Streater in the village in 1769 and died in 1782.

I'd appreciate any information,

Thanks,

Adam

Her parents were John Towers and Sarah Gunner, who married on the 23rd of Mary 1738 in West Worldham before moving to East Worldham.

Comment

Re. Sarah Gunner, there is a baptism on 24th August 1714 at Crondall, father William Gunner.

The only John Towers I could find was baptised on 6th December 1701 at Froyle, parents William and Mary.
      Elizabeth
      Research Interests:
      England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
      Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

William Gunner married Elizabeth Grover on 1st May 1705 at Crondall.
        Elizabeth
        Research Interests:
        England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
        Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

There is a document online entitled 'Descendants of Richard Ransted', a yeoman in Winchester that lists Ann Towers specifically as a descendant. It also says that Ann's mother, Sarah Gunner, had been previously married to a Benjamin Gunner in nearby Alton, who had died in 1733. She had married him in 1725 as Sarah Ransted, and was baptised in Alton in 1704, daughter of John. Can anyone shed any light on whether or not any of this is true?

Comment

The chain goes like this:

Richard Ransted, d. 1681, Winchester
            John Ransted, d. 1726, Alton
            John Ransted, d. 1734, Alton
            Sarah Ransted/Gunner/Towers, d. 1779, Farringdon
            Ann Towers, later Streater

Comment

I would also be interested in any information regarding the parentage of the John Towers of Froyle and the death of Ann (Towers) Streater.

Comment

Anything on the death of John Towers, in East Worldham, would also be appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                X