No announcement yet.

Found my Mum's only Brother that died.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found my Mum's only Brother that died.

I always knew that my late Mum and her 4 sisters had a brother that died, but Mum couldn't recall his name. She said he was born about 1922 or 1923.

I found the Death certificate on line, GERARD STEPHEN POLLARD died 24 Jul 1923 aged 9 mths Child of a Painter of 25 Charlemont Street, Dublin. Mother, Emily Pollard, was the informant.

My Grandfather, James Fedalis Pollard was a Painter and Decorator and Granny's name was Emily. Also Emily's father, Michael Patrick Brady Died at 25 Charlemont Street in 1927. So this was looking good.

Well, the Birth Certificate proved that Gerard was indeed my Mum and her 4 sister's brother. He was Born on 23 Oct 1922 at 12 Poolbeg Street, Dublin. Father James Pollard, Painter. Mother Emily Brady. Mum's youngest sister Maureen was born at the same address in 1924 too.

Such a shame that Mum and her sisters had all passed away before I was able to find their only brother's details.

Without knowing Mum's brother's name and the Irish Births, Deaths and Marriage being put on line, I would never have found him.
    teresa

Fantastic find, I can imagine how you must feel, can I ask where you found the death cert?

Comment

Val - pretty sure she's talking about the civil reg records that are now available online
      This Irish Government supported, official web site, is dedicated to helping you in your search for records of family history for past generations.

fantastic gift to the genealogy world, and hope they add the rest of the early records some time soon!

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoFamily View Post
        Val - pretty sure she's talking about the civil reg records that are now available online
        This Irish Government supported, official web site, is dedicated to helping you in your search for records of family history for past generations.

fantastic gift to the genealogy world, and hope they add the rest of the early records some time soon!
        Yes that is where I found Gerard's Death Certificate details.

Worth checking the website frequently as there is still a lot more to be posted with the actual image. When you do a search andi If you can't find the name of a child, then put in 'Unknown' instead of a Christian name and then the childs Surname. An awful lot of Irish children are registered in this manner so it's a case of trawling through numerous pages.

I've also found a lot of children's Births were not registered either, even though a Baptism record can be found in the same website.

Also you might find a child on the Census records too but with a different Christian name, purely because they were named after their mother or father. For Example Charles Brady was know as Charles, but he was actually Michael Charles Brady on the Birth Certificate.

Sometimes on an Irish Marriage certificate a person's Second Christian name is not recored either!

Nothing like making research difficult!!!
        teresa

Comment

I was searchin for more details of a brother of my Grandfather James Pollard, Michael Patrick Pollard born 8th May 1888 at 18 Bolton St. Dublin.
          Baptised 16 May 1888 at St. Mary Pro Cathedral, Dublin.

This is what I found....Death Registerd as Joseph Patrick Pollard Plaster’s Child Died aged 3 weeks at 18 Bolton Street of Bronchitis and Asthma. Margaret Pollard, mother, was the informant. (My Grandfather's parent's were Joseph Patrick Pollard a Plasterer and Margaret Lawless.)
          teresa

Comment

wow must take a look later ,thanks everybody

Comment

That website has been a godsend to me as my dad's maternal side and both of mum's side were Irish. It makes a difficult area ofcresearch just that little bit easier ��

Comment

Working...
              X