Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1911 census - Any idea what this may mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 census - Any idea what this may mean?

This is Mary age 8 living with parents - any idea what parentage might mean here? Her mmn is the same for all 4 children.

Capture.JPG
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

I think it refers to the British Subject bit - was she born abroad?
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Has it been added afterwards about the person above as it looks as if that says Brit subject.
      Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Yes, you could be right but for what reason I don't know. All were born Essex mmn Oliver. First one b West Ham, the others Orsett.

rg14_09990_0443_03.jpg
        Kat

Comment

Looks like they were trying too hard to fill the form in correctly and overdid it!!!
          Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

I have another query re this family if anyone can help.

William Adams married Sarah Clark in 1902 (says married 12 years but probably covering up for children born before that date)
            Marriages Dec 1902
            Adams William W. Ham 4a 348
            Clark Sarah W. Ham 4a 348
            However I cannot find a previous marriage for an Oliver and Clark/e.
            I have traced Sarah Oliver back to 1871 at Hatfield Peverill, Essex

William and Sarah are together on 1901 census with Frances Louisa (Louisa on 1911)

On 1911 Sarah states 5 children, 4 living, 1 died. Cannot find that child as Adams mmn Oliver. I wondered if this was maybe a child from a previous marriage.
            All the other 4 children were registered with MMN Oliver.
            Kat

Comment

About the parentage bit. I have often seen this, the householder copying the notes in the column above. In this case I think he meant to bracket them all together.
              Anne

Comment

Yes Anne I think that explains it, thank you.
                If anyone can work out the marriage though I'd be grateful.
                Kat

Comment

Did they marry twice I wonder. This possibly relates to the 12 year old marriage on the 1911.

I haven't had a thorough look for a Sarah Oliver to a Clarke but the above has parents and witness that link to William Adams and Sarah Oliver

Vera

Comment

Thanks Vera. I think the marriage you found was correct and the Adams/Clark one is not mine. Years ago I found that marriage and as William was a great uncle I never got the mc. However it is only now with mmn on GRO that I have been gradually checking through all my births firstly on the direct lines but now searching all the twigs. mmn Oliver came as a surprise!
                    Their ages are correct also the fathers and their occupations. William's father George, my 2nd gt grandfather, was not deceased though until 2 years later.
                    Witness Louise was probably William's sister. William and Sarah's daughter Frances Louisa is mentioned in her will.
                    What sort of occupation was a "fixer" when it's at home???
                    Kat

Comment

I think it's a boot/shoe repairer. I have been googling that one.

Did you find Florence Maud who sadly died?

Vera

Comment

Morning Vera, Yes, I found Florence. Once I knew they'd married in Camberwell that is
                        Kat

Comment

Working...
                        X