No announcement yet.

Rubbish Ancestry Trees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somewhere "out there" is a CD put together by a second cousin for a meeting of all the people with the family name that he had organised ............. I've heard there were about 100 people there, so there might be as many as 100 CDs around.

I haven't checked every single tree on ancestry, but I don't think my important mis-information has made it on there ............. yet!

He was the grandson of my father's eldest brother, but his parents had basically cut themselves off from cousins.

I don't know where he got his information but I was given a copy of the CD about 2 years later by my cousins in Australia ............. his 5 aunts

My father was nowhere to be seen, my brother was married to my mother, and I was their child ............. all birth dates correct.

He'd obviously not noticed that brother was about 10 years old when I was born while Mum was 36.

He had a One Name Family Study on the ONS site, and I tried to contact him through that ...............remember, no contact with any of his dad's cousins, so I had no idea where he lived.

He removed the study from ONS, and I heard that he had told someone that he had given up family research.

After a long while, I discovered that he had "acquired" much of the information in his ONS from a relative .......... all that work was correct, but the "culprit" had no idea about researching.
    My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

well I just got so excited!! I came across a hint on ancestry that my great grandparents are in somebodys tree so contacted them and they answered straight away. My great grandmother is the grandmother of her aunts husband. Ok I will go with that. She has Mary Ann having a 2nd marriage to George Siggs (never heard of him) when I checked it out it was an Annie that married him so have ssent her another e-mail. await her response.

Comment

its so disappointing when that happens, I got excited once , and when I clicked on it, was an old old post of mine.

Comment

Has anyone else noticed how Ancestry has enhanced and improved their Web site to the point that it's almost unusable? Now they're doing the same thing to Find A Grave!

Comment

yes I have its getting on my nerves lately, getting the cookies banner on every page, the search seems to change itself midstream, I surely cannot be the only one.

Comment

Still getting switched to .com at every available opportunity! Still, its only an extra click to change it back from my bookmark. I also get wierd search forms Val. Usually if I try to edit a specific search it will change into a 'search everything' search. That's NOT WHAT I WANT Ancestry!! If I wanted an 'everything seach I would have performed it.
              Anne

Comment

oh me too Anne, I have not long renewed wish I hadn't , I am finding FMP a lot better lately.

Comment

am looking for a death this is how many results I get 59,894, what a joke

Comment

LOL, no surely it won't take long to go through those few, you wouldn't want to miss one. Ha ha!
                    Anne

Comment

I installed and run ccleaner last night, hoping it might makes things improve, we will see.

Comment

Got excited thought I had found somebody with the same rellies, but dont think I will contact them as they say my man was born in 1827 correct, got married in 1819 incorrect and had a child in 1828 incorrect, why bother doing a tree.

Comment

I’m currently trying to work out how to break it to my cousins son that he has the wrong Elizabeth and HenryTaylor on his tree and has my grandfather,his great grandfather living until 1963.
                          Barb

Comment

Personally I appreciate people telling me if I'm wrong, in a nice way of course, but some people dont like being told, which is daft as they are just wasting their time.
                            Show him this thread

Comment

Originally posted by gloryer View Post
                              I though my John Johnson was an original name until I saw your William Williams...lol
                              I too have a William Williams.... he married Hannah Lydall 1861 @ Whitwick
                              Julie
                              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
                              X