Leicestershire Burials FMP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leicestershire Burials FMP

I have found the burial register entry for a cousin in Leicester on FMP.

At https://search.findmypast.co.uk/reco...302470%2f00014

and an extract in the image below (hopefully)

From all the details given in the heading and also from the transcription I would assume the burial was at Emmanuel, Loughborough.
    But when I look at Emmanuel Church in Loughborough on Google there is no churchyard there.
    So can anybody come up with a suggestion as to where the burial could have taken place ?
    Attached Files
    DGJay

I wonder if the service was at Emmanuel Church and burial at Loughborough cemetery, Leicester Road, Loughborough.
    Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Comment

It seems to be quite common to find "Burial" on a church record when it was the Burial Service that was held there, while the actual interment took place elsewhere ............

my mother's and grandparent's burial service took place at a church in Oldham, and they were buried in one of the (then) 3 municipal cemeteries. My dad's burial service 9 years later took place at a different church, but he was buried with my mother
      My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

The church registers are named "burial" and I suspect the written pro forma for a church service may still be a "burial" service.
        However most town churches ( and some villages ones) ran out of burial plots decades ago and were replaced by cemeteries. There were the famous funeral trains for transporting the deceased out of London to Brookwood (Surrey) and other huge cemeteries.

Jay
        Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Taking concensus onboard, I have emailed Loughborough Cemetery to see if they have a record of the burial.
          Hopefully will get a reply after the holiday.
          DGJay

Comment

Just to tidy things up...
            It took a while but got there in the end.
            It appears that the sevice was at Emmanuel Church, then a cremation at Loughbough Crematorium, then the ashes claimed by the family for private disposal.
            DGJay

Comment

Working...
            X