FMP 1939 Corrections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMP 1939 Corrections

Do FMP notify you if they accept a submitted correction and change the transcription? Or is just when they disagree?

I did one in December and have just noticed the transcription has been amended (An 'N' to a 'W') but I wouldn't have known if I hadn't checked.

At least I can get it off my 'flagged' email list

Chris
    Avatar....My darling mum, Irene June Robinson nee Pearson 1931-2019.

'Take nothing on its looks, take everything on evidence. There is no better rule' Charles Dickens, Great Expectations.

I gave up trying to correct the 1939 on FMP. I didn't keep a note of the ones I had corrected and never got any messages. The one that I could remember had not beeen altered over a year later, so I can't be bothered now. Shame because it would be bound to help someone else. At least the corrections made by Ancestry members are there for all to see as 'suggestions' even if they don't actually alter them.
    Anne

Comment

This annoys me too. I've sent corrections on ancestry and also 1939 register and if it is a mistranscription on their part, I add evidence to support my correction such as a BMD index reference or an entry reference to a different year of census which is error free.
      Why, when they can easily check their own databases will they not correct transcription errors?
      Suggestions at ancestry are good for enumerator errors though.

Comment

Thanks to both of you for your replies.

I won't bother, in future, keeping a record for FMP corrections......One thing less for my 'to do' list

Chris
        Avatar....My darling mum, Irene June Robinson nee Pearson 1931-2019.

'Take nothing on its looks, take everything on evidence. There is no better rule' Charles Dickens, Great Expectations.

Comment

Working...
        X