Ancestry UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry UK

I've just got a sub for the UK one, as decided the Worldwide is much too expensive ,and I dont need it much now.
    What I need to know is ,can I turn something off ,so when I am searching ,I dont keep getting any records but UK and Ireland popping up.

Where you go to search ... look down near the bottom and there is a drop down list where you can select the collections you want including Uk and Ireland. You don't need to do that every time, once you have selected it it seems to stick.
    Anne

Comment

Anne ................

it doesn't stick for me!

I have to make sure that I have selected UK and Ireland every single time!

It is possible to do it later by editing your search details
      My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

That's strange. I usually have it set to UK and Ireland but sometimes need to search in another country. I might then set it for USA or Australia or All Collections and it stays like that until it dawns on me that the results are not what I want. Then I change it back to UK and it stays like that.
        Anne

Comment

Once I have selected which country I need under the searchbox I click on 'update' button it then stays on that country until I change again and 'update' it again. Not much liking the Bold lettering everywhere either!
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I often get all collections popping up when I'm looking for UK and Ireland. Its usually when I go from one collection to another to search. And don't get me on about the top line for birth which mysteriously drops down to any area like this or somesuch.

Vera

Comment

Working...
            X