Dropbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropbox

I made a mistake, and tried to do a backup of a FTM File to Dropbox, its going to take forever ,so want to cancel it, how do I?? I can pause it but then when I log on again it starts the download HELP

If you have room in Dropbox, just leave it overnight to load. Usually its very quick to put stuff on there so it must be a very big file? I just have a fairly small, free Dropbox account so don't upload massive files. I do put some on the BT Cloud though and that can rumble away for hours. I just leave it to get on with it.

Comment

It has over 9000 people in it Anne, I dont have cloud now, I had such a row with BT, who were charging me £9 per month for it.
      I'm worried I dont have enough room in Dropbox for this, and I have since ,backed it up to my documents, so dont need it in dropbox.

Comment

Have you tried deleting the file from your local copy of Dropbox?

David

Comment

eh ??? what does local file mean David ? its still uploading to dropbox says it will take another 6 hours.

Comment

I have a Dropbox folder on my computer which keeps a synchronized copy of all the online stuff. Deleting a file either local or online deletes the file from both. Possibly, and I can't remember for certain, this happens because I installed Dropbox from my account (click on your picture/icon and choose install).

David

Comment

thanks for helping David, I found out how to delete stuff, when you say click on your picture Icon and install? what exactly do you mean? where would I find my picture icon?

Comment

The top right corner of your home page on Dropbox online looks something like this.
                DropBoxHome.JPG
                The little smiley face is your icon (I haven't upload a photo of me). If you click on that you get a short menu one of the items being Install. Settings is also worth a look.

David

Comment

Now dont laugh David ,but I honestly never knew you could do that? I just look in the little dropbox on my taskbar, feel a right idiot.
                  Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                  X