No announcement yet.

Are either of these email scams scams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are either of these email scams scams?

Has anyone had an email from Canada stating that TEXTNOW or lose your phone number (it goes on to say) Don't forget to send a message or call one of your contacts now.
    The Box says Click Now and in small print Copyright 2018 Enflick 375 Hagey Blvd Suite 310 Waterloo, Ontaria, Canada N21 6R5

To me it was clearly a scam but I cannot get it off either my Samson Laptop or my ipad.
    On the odd occasions I am able to move it to my BIN and then delete for ever it will not go. If it goes you can be sure that it will be back in the morning.
    This has been going on for about four weeks and no on has been able to help me.
    The overall mystery to this saga is that it is sent to my email address which they have spelt it wrongly and some in U Case.

In February, I had a mobile text (not on line) telling me it was from google +352663232078 and that someone was trying to use my password TT told me to change my password.
    I accept it is a scam but how do I report it so that it can be removed for ever??????
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

As I said on the other thread, just log it as spam and delete. It might come back if some scammer is repeatedly sending it but eventually they'll stop.
    Much of my spam comes in batches of a similar type for a few weeks and then changes to something else.
    Anne

Comment

I always bounce weird emails back to sender, then they think the email address does not exist.

Comment

Working...
      X