julia irene tullett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
    The mc hopefully will give some clues as you say Jay!
    Just to say this remark was because I referred to Jay as Janet. No hidden meanings. However things may not be as at first seen.

Maybe we can help in Julia now not being forgotten if that is something the family want.

Vera

Comment

hi Janet .
      found Julia Irene tullett s marriage certificate and it looks that you have it right. that her year of birth is 1917. as she is 21 in 1938 marriage. Eric is 25. Her father is Fred Tullett Captain royal engineers. deceased on the m c . I have been hours and hours searching but to no avail as to where they came from. even war sites don t seem to match any . As he is deceased by 1938 I cannot look him up on the 1939 reg. Julia by then is in ashford middlesx.
      Any suggestions to where I can go from hear. I hope that you have had a nice day . verana

Comment

Can't see a birth for a julia I. Tullett in england. I wonder if she was born in ireland maybe? Or tullett was a step father, like janet suggested.

Comment

Also, who were the wittnesses at marriage?

Comment

There is only one death for a Fred Tullett between her birth 1917 and 1938 marriage and he was born 1856.
            Deaths Dec 1933
            Tullet Frederick 77 Rochford 4a 736

Edit: Retired dairy farmer on 1911 census Prittlewell, Westcliff On Sea, Essex,
            Last edited by Katarzyna; 14-03-18, 08:44.
            Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Thank you for adding the info about Julia's father, verana. It SHOULD help us with trying to find out a bit more about Julia's origins.
              So far, the nearest I can find in military records is Fred Lewis/Louis Tillett, who served in the Boer War and married in South Africa in 1907. (I also found an army overseas birth registration for a son.) This man was born in Norfolk - he also served in WW1 but was in the ranks, not an officer.
              The spelling of the surname differs by one letter, so he may not be connected with Julia. Or, it wouldn't be the first time we'd come across someone bigging up the status of a father/step-father; or recording a step-father as father; or, alternatively, just inventing a father on a marriage cert. I have several examples of the last two in my own family research!

Have to go out now, but will try to look in later in the day. Hope someone can find something to help you.

Jay
              Last edited by Janet in Yorkshire; 14-03-18, 09:47.
              Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Looking at the England and Wales Birth Index no trace for Julia I Tullett so searched fro Julia I ???????

found

Julia I Beech
                Mother's Maiden Surname: Elks
                Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1917
                Registration district: Newcastle L
                Inferred County: Worcestershire
                Volume Number: 6b
                Page Number: 81

Julia I M Tozer
                Mother's Maiden Surname: Littler
                Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1917
                Registration district: West Ham
                Inferred County: Essex
                Volume Number: 4a
                Page Number: 118

Will look to see if I can eliminate these two.

Margaret

Comment

Marriages found

Julia I Beech
                  Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1941
                  Registration district: Newcastle under Lyme
                  Inferred County: Staffordshire
                  Spouse: John H Millington
                  Volume Number: 6b
                  Page Number: 161

Julia I M Tozer
                  Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1940
                  Registration district: Woolwich
                  Inferred County: Kent
                  Spouse: Cyril F Perry
                  Volume Number: 1d
                  Page Number: 3458

So they are out of the equation.

Margaret

Comment

What is the address for Julia Irene on her marriage certificate?

Margaret

Comment

Margaret

I too looked at the Julia I Beech for Dec Q 1917. Stretching it a bit I noted that the marriage of Gladys Elkes to Norman Beech was also Dec Q 1917. I wondered if perhaps Julia I registered Beech was in fact Julia I Tullitt by Fred Tullitt but he was not on the scene at the time of the birth.

The 1939 has Norman and Gladys together in Newcastle Under Lyme with children Prudence Doris b 1920 and one other covered who could be the the Norman Beech b 1918 to mmn Elkes. Or not at all.

Or perhaps not

Julia I Beech
                      Married 1st Q 1941
                      Newcastle under Lyme, Staffs
                      John H Millington
                      6b 161

Vera
                      Last edited by vera2013; 14-03-18, 14:05.

Comment

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
                        Margaret

I too looked at the Julia I Beech for Dec Q 1917. Stretching it a bit I noted that the marriage of Gladys Elkes to Norman Beech was also Dec Q 1917. I wondered if perhaps Julia I registered Beech was in fact Julia I Tullitt by Fred Tullitt but he was not on the scene at the time of the birth.

The 1939 has Norman and Gladys together in Newcastle Under Lyme with children Prudence Doris b 1920 and one other covered who could be the the Norman Beech b 1918 to mmn Elkes. Or not at all.

Or perhaps not

Julia I Beech
                        Married 1st Q 1941
                        Newcastle under Lyme, Staffs
                        John H Millington
                        6b 161

Vera
                        That's the marriage I found too.

I also found a Frederick George Evans with wife Julia and three children listed on his WW1 papers one of whom was Julia Irene born 15 Aug 1917. I found Fred and wife Julia in 1939 with a son Frederick born 1911 and a redacted line.

I was hopeful of this but if Julia Irene Tullett said father dead in 1938 I have discounted them for the moment.

Margaret

Comment

julia irene tullett

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
                          What is the address for Julia Irene on her marriage certificate?

Margaret
                          Thank you Margaret. Julia' s address on the mc, was The Royal hart . Church Rd . Ashford Middlesex. She may have lodged there , worked there or both. The witness 's were Eric s Parents. They had a child in 1940 then my husband in 1946. and apparently maybe a still birth or infant death sometime before or in between the 2 boys. Verana

Comment

it is written on the mc that father was deceased but you never really know because my husband said he never heard any mention of his maternal grandparents. he always thought his mother came from Bradford or up north somewhere.

Comment

thank you katarzyna that one sounds interesting as well . It was not that unusual for the father to be quite old as my father was 70 when I was born.
                              as I have said, nothing was mentioned about her parents so they could have been from Essex originally. If we can get her a copy of her birth certificate that should show her mother I presume. When was the death year of that fred

Comment

Thank you Vera.

The same name and birth year does raise a question . I saw a Fred Tillet but discarded it. but last night I saw that Eric s mother s surname on her marriage certicate shows Slingimore not Stingemore as believed. also a line through 1915 which could have been done as a cover up as eric was born in 1914. thank god attitudes have changed .

Comment

julia irene tullett

Thankyou for the reply kyle

the witness s on the mc were Eric s parents. why do they only ask for fathers name even if he is deceased .

Comment

Thank you janet . I am amazed at how much help you all have been giving me . I don t feel so overwhelmed now .

Comment

the witness s on the mc were Eric s parents. why do they only ask for fathers name even if he is deceased .

Comment

Originally posted by verana View Post

It's been that way since civil registration was introduced in 1837. In those days, women were merely daughters and then wives; as non-men, they had no rights or status of their own. She was Miss Smith, daughter of Mr John Smith and after marriage Mrs Fred Bloggs.

Jay
                                        Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Working...
                                        X