No announcement yet.

Portsmouth History Centre: Southsea electoral rolls 1950s & 1960s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Office: Portsmouth History Centre: Southsea electoral rolls 1950s & 1960s

I shall probably also post this request on the Hampshire Genealogy page on Facebook, but will try to make sure that I don't end up with two recruits! (There's less occasion for people to visit this page than the offers one.)

Portsmouth History Centre very kindly gave me my free 15 minutes of research, and came back with precisely what I had asked for... unfortunately, I had been stupid enough to mix up addresses, so my free 15 minutes is gone to no avail... except to have established that they do have the relevant electoral roll documents there.

I should like to know the names on the electoral roll for 32 St Peters Grove, Southsea in the 1950s and 1960s... if it's just one year, then 1958 would be just fine: I know that the names I am researching were there at the time. I've already sussed out one name (Miss Louisa Stevens CROUCH), but the phone was also under her name, so that route is closed as an alternative to finding the other names.

Thanks
    Christine
    Last edited by Christine in Herts; 02-03-18, 13:33.
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

REQUEST CANCELLED

Because of the weather the in house staff weren't busy, and were able to give me the critical info. :D

I reckon that's really kind of them.
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
    X