Andrew Snoswell/Snuzel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrew Snoswell/Snuzel

Andrew Snoswell/Snuzel, my 6x ggrandfather, married Mary Hiscocks on 8 June 1697 in Lacock, Wiltshire; he was buried there in 1722. I’m unable to find a baptism. There are lots of variations on this name but there seem to be only two groups of Snoswells in Wiltshire in the 1600s:

Ogbourne St. Andrew/St. George up to 1630 (Thomas with son William b 1628, and Anthony), and:

Pewsey (William). William has 3 sons – Owen (bap 1625, bur 1670), William (bap 1631) and Andrew (bap 1638, bur 1690). I’m pretty sure William marries Faith – baptisms of Owen, Sarah and Jane in North Newnham and Beechingstoke but can’t find anything else.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how I can connect the dots or is this the end of the line? I don’t see any relevant wills.

Thank you
    Jenny

The Ancestry search doesn't bring up anything, but have you tried browsing the registers, Jenny? You could start with Ladock.
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Yes, Elizabeth I've browsed the registers - no Snoswells in Lacock till Andrew appears. Ancestry also has registers for Pewsey and Bishop's Transcripts for the other locations. I think it's time to give up. :(
      Jenny

Comment

If it's any consolation I'm in a similar situation with my Wiltshire ancestors. It's most frustrating.
        Elizabeth
        Research Interests:
        England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
        Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Yes, it is frustrating! Nothing to be done about it though.
          Jenny

Comment

Working...
          X