FTM wont open says did not shut down properly last time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM wont open says did not shut down properly last time

thing is it then says to go to tools and compact file but I dont get any Tools or any options at all just a blank box?? HELP

Which FTM version do you have Val?
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

2017 Kat

Comment

So it's the Mackiev version update by email Yesterday?
        Kat

Comment

I've not updated it Kat not used it for about a week or more , do you think thats why ? I never got an email
          Last edited by Guest; 20-02-18, 22:34.

Comment

From Support:
            Q: How do I get the free updater?

A: Email notifications are going out to all owners of FTM 2017 with instructions on how to download the updater. The emails are being sent in waves, so please be patient and watch for an email with the subject line "FAMILY TREE MAKER NEWS - Free Update Is Here".

Might be worth hanging fire Val.
            If you are only seeing a blank box at the moment try rebooting computer. If that doesn't work contact support.

TECHNICAL SUPPORT

If you need assistance go to our Support Center support.familytreemaker.com where you will find a range of support articles that are likely to help. If you need assistance from a service agent, you can enter Live Chat in the search field at the Support Center and open an article with instructions for starting a chat and a table of hours that Live Chat is available where you live.

Don't worry about losing FTM - you have paid for the version and they will send you another one if you have messed up somehow. My friend lost hers when her computer crashed and there was no problem.
            Kat

Comment

am so worried about losing all my photos certs etc, if I did I would not start again. Thanks Kat, I just saved a back up of my media and files to my WD Passport, just in case.

Comment

Val, if you go to your file explorer >>Documents>>Family Tree Maker>>(blah blah Family Tree)Media - you will see that all your photos, census images, Baps etc etc are stored in there automatically (backed Up) by FTM everytime you close down.

Or find the file by searching Blah Blah Family Tree Media in the search box bottom LH corner of your screen.
                Last edited by Katarzyna; 20-02-18, 23:55.
                Kat

Comment

thanks very much for your help Kat, although it says media I am suspicious, off to bed now to worry about it.

Comment

am quite pleased managed to update the syncing on FTM and ancestry on this laptop, so was wondering what I could do to sync it on the desktop, as it still opens with a blank box.

Comment

done it now, got on the chat and it seems I should have got the update ,but never did, all done and it worked phew.
                      Now a question if I import another Tree from Ancestry into FTM, would I be able to sync that one too??? as I am letting the current worldwide sub drop next week , and have taken out a new UK only one, thought I could import the new one, and once I know all the media etc is on it then unsync the original one.

Comment

Working...
                      X