Numbers in place names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Numbers in place names

I have seen a number of entries in data I have imported from smart matches, where a place is described by a number, such as:
    1680787, Worcestershire, England.

I don't understand what this means. I assume it is not a map reference as it has 7 digits. Can anyone explain it please?

Only place where I can see that ref. As I don't have MyHeritage sub I cannot see why it would be there. Perhaps someone on here can take a look???
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

What is the source document? That might give a clue. And if you don't know the source document of the smart match, I don't rate it too highly as a reliable source.
      Last edited by Uncle John; 20-02-18, 20:08.
      Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
        https://www.myheritage.com/names/sarah_raybold

Only place where I can see that ref. As I don't have MyHeritage sub I cannot see why it would be there. Perhaps someone on here can take a look???
        If you click on the link for Grace Chancellor for example, you need to scroll down the page to Grace Chancellor, born 1890 In that paragraph you will see 1680787, Worcestershire, England. If someone with a sub can open it it probably will explain what that number means.
        Kat

Comment

I was logged in and the link to her would not open further. This is what was on the first page following the OP's original link.

Grace Chancellor, born 1890
          Grace Chancellor was born in 1890, at birth place, Missouri, to Henry Clay Chancellor and Sarah Jane Chancellor (born James).
          Henry was born in 1842, in Withycombe, Devon, England.
          Sarah was born in 1838, in 1680787, Worcestershire, England.
          Grace had 12 siblings: Henry Columbus Chancellor, Arthur Chancellor and 10 other siblings.
          Grace lived in 1910, at address, Missouri.

Comment

Thanks GL. Not much help there then. :(
            Kat

Comment

Working...
            X