FTM question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM question

I have 2011 installed on my computer and my friend has just asked if she can borrow it

Is this ok to do? Firstly can it be done and secondly will it mess my tree up?

Thanks

Linda

If you have the original disks you can load the programme on to as many machines as you like for your personal use. I have my 2006 loaded on my 2 laptops and the home pc. You must only register the software the first time though and not for subsequent machines.
    It would be up to you whether or not to load the software on to another computer knowing that it does not belong to you.
    Technically, it will work perfectly well as long as the registration process is skipped. You will need to enter the product key of course.
    If the software is loaded from scratch on to a new machine then a new tree can be started with it. Your own tree files remain on your computer and don't transfer - unless of course you copy your tree to the new machine and I reckon that is not what you intend to do? If your files remain only on your machine, they cannot be interfered with.
    If I have misunderstood and you only have a downloaded version from the internet and an ancestry account, then no, I would not consider giving your password to anyone else.
    Last edited by GallowayLass; 16-02-18, 22:17.

Comment

Thanks very much for all the info, very helpful
      Linda

Comment

Working...
      X