Can someone do me a favour please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone do me a favour please...

Can someone look on FMP and get this info for me please. I'm looking for a wills & probate I have seen for my great aunt in India...

Philomena Mary Reading..British India Office Wills & Probate India, Bengal...1940/1

Thanks
    Jacky

Reading, Philomena Mary (Mrs) late of No. 48 A of Free School Street in the city of Calcutta, deceased

Date of death: 17th April 1940
    Place of death: Ranchi European Mental Hospital, Behar, India
    Nature and extent of grant: Probate with effect throughout the Province of Bengal
    Date of grant: Granted 18th and issued 28th February 1941
    Amount of estate: R29,757 11A
    Name and description of applicant: The Administrator General of Bengal the sole executor in the will named
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Thanks ever so much for looking and getting this info for me, Elizabeth. I'll google the hospital....looking quite sad though. I think it was her 9 year old grandson who was shot and killed by his little playmate when they were playing Cowboys and Indians.....don't know how they had access to the gun though.......
      Last edited by Tilly Mint; 13-02-18, 17:57.
      Jacky

Comment

What a tragic story, Jacky. So sad.
        Elizabeth
        Research Interests:
        England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
        Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Aww, yes, her grandson Dante Razzano died on the 15/03/1940.....sounds like her poor mind was persecuted...so very sad.
          Jacky

Comment

Working...
          X