Registration district: Boston
    Inferred County: Lincolnshire
    Volume: 7
    Page: 1470

Probate ............

Died 26 February 1984, Probate granted 15 May 1984
    Address:- 106 Sleaford Road, Boston, Lincs
    £59,873
    My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Axxording to a Public Family Tree on ancestry, George Richard married in 1933, divorced in April 1948 (information for those two private, then married Alexandra Annie Goldson (1902-1986) on 30 April 1949

This looks like the first marriage

Marriages Sep 1933 (>99%)
      Farrow Gladys M D Usmar St.Martin 1a 1393
      Usmar George R Farrow St.Martin 1a 1393

and the second ........

Marriages Jun 1949 (>99%)

Goldson Alexandra A Usmar Westminster 5c 827
      Malkinson Alexandra A Usmar Westminster 5c 827
      Usmar George R Malkinson Westminster 5c 827
      Usmar George R Goldson Westminster 5c 827

I'm not sure if you will be able to access this version of his obituary from the British Medical Journal 17 March 1984 that was attached to the tree ..

According to the obituary ...

He apparently had a book of poems published.

Was survived by his wife Peg, and 2 sons of his previous marriage

Cutting of marriage at Caxton Hall, London on 30 April 1949 of Dr G R Usmar to Mrs A A Malkinson (apparently found on FMP ......... need to check reference:- Lincolnshire Standard and Boston Guardian, 07 May 1949)
      My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

According to a Public Family Tree on ancestry, which does have sources showing, George Richard was married twice, and had two sons with his first wife.

The first marriage was in 1933, with divorce in 1948 (information on dates kept private)

The second marriage was on 30 April 1949 at Caxton Hall, Westminster, London.

These look like the two records from FMP .......

Marriages Sep 1933 (>99%)
        Farrow Gladys M D Usmar St.Martin 1a 1393
        Usmar George R Farrow St.Martin 1a 1393

Marriages Jun 1949 (>99%)

Goldson Alexandra A Usmar Westminster 5c 827
        Malkinson Alexandra A Usmar Westminster 5c 827
        Usmar George R Malkinson Westminster 5c 827
        Usmar George R Goldson Westminster 5c 827

Tree has a copy of any obituary in the British Medical Journal on 17 Mar 1984 for George Richard seemingly from FMP (I can't yet find it) ...

I don't know whether you can access this ........

from the obituary ........
        Had published a book of poems, and was interested in painting
        Survived by his wife Peg and 2 sons of his previous marriage.

Two sons were born in the 1930s

Probate for George Richard ....

Name: George Richard Usmar
        Death Date: 20 Feb 1984
        Death Place: Boston Lincs
        Probate Date: 15 May 1984
        Registry: Ipswich

from image ..........
        £59,873

Probate for Alexandra .......

Name: Alexander Annie Usmar
        [Alexandra Annie Usmar]
        Death Date: 6 Feb 1986
        Death Place: Boston Lincs
        Probate Date: 26 Mar 1986
        Registry: Ipswich

from image .......
        £90,625

Comment

an article on FMP re the engagement of George Richard and "Peggy" Farrow confirms his ancestry .........

Create an account for free with Findmypast to discover your family history and build a family tree. Search birth records, census data, death records and more.

She was the only daughter of a vicar in Thurlstone, Yorkshire, an actress who had had some success.

He was the only son of Dr and Mrs Usmar of kensington, London and Bloemfontein, South Africa

Most of the article is on her, with a last line that says he was well-known in athletic circles!

There are several articles in 1947 regarding a financial dispute between George Richard and Gladys (even involving her mother!) after the marriage broke up (on the grounds of mutual cruelty!!) .....

Create an account for free with Findmypast to discover your family history and build a family tree. Search birth records, census data, death records and more.

DOCTOR’S DIVORCE .........on Friday to have had two very good weapons to drive him into doing things against his better judgment. Doctor George Richard Darley Usmar, South African, of West Street, Boston, was granted decree nisi against his wife, Mrs. Gwladys Muriel Usmar, of
          24 April 1948 - Lincolnshire Standard and Boston Guardi ...

Thye were married in the Chapel of the Savoy in 1933

Comment

I have been unable to find anything on Thush (or possibly Thurl) Elizabeth Usmar, born 1908 after the outgoing passage from London.

Comment

Can`t believe you all found so much information on the family,thankyou so much .This is more than I hoped for and can fill in loads of facts .The certificates B M D`Setc are just what I need . I am beginning to get an idea of the family movements now, and members I didn`t know about .

Really appreciate the time you all spent on this,I know how time consuming it is searching records. Now I need to get down and record everything !

Evelyn

Comment

Working...
              X