Recent deaths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent deaths

Does anyone know if it is possible to find a recent death date? I am looking for 2017 deaths. Thanks in anticipation.

Punchs mum

I Google to see whether there is an obituary first. If not I look on here to see whether there is a will - https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk...rch=True#wills
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

If you know the likely area - ring the registration office.

Otherwise - check the microfiche version of the GRO indexes at one of the designated libraries that hold them.
      Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
      Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Thanks for your help Chrissie and AnthonyM. Couldn’t find any obituary but did find a will and probate which could be a possibility. Now....do I gamble £10 and send for copy of will to confirm........????

Punchs mum

Comment

Might be cheaper than travelling to a designated library to view the index?
          Anne

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
            Might be cheaper than travelling to a designated library to view the index?
            Anne
            Are there only limited designated library’s then?

Comment

I believe (but don't quote me) there are only about 6??
              Anne

Comment

Will proberbly go down the sending for Will route then!..much easier option!

Thanks for replying.
                Last edited by Punchs mum; 10-02-18, 21:11.

Comment

Working...
                X