prestwich help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prestwich help please

does anybody have prestwich parish records please. I am looking for any info on Elizabeth Tyler/Tylor married Phineas Hirst/Hurst Dec 1917. if there is any more details on the registers for this one please.

First name(s) PHINEAS
    Last name HIRST
    Marriage quarter 4
    Marriage year 1917
    Registration month -
    MarriageFinderâ„¢ PHINEAS HIRST married
    Elizabeth Tylor
    Spouse's last name Tylor
    District Prestwich

County Lancashire

no image on line. You will have to order certificate.
    Last edited by Janet H.; 06-02-18, 19:09.

Comment

Came across this while searching. Do you have it, is it your Phineas???

England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1966, 1973-1995

Name: Phineas Hirst
      Death Date: 4 Mar 1926
      Death Place: Manchester, England
      Probate Date: 17 Apr 1926
      Registry: Manchester, England

address 20 Beechfield Street, Cheetham, Manchester, died 4 March 1926 at the Radium Institute Nelson Street, Manchester. Administration to Elizabeth Hirst, widow. Effects £355 11s 10d

According to Freebmd, he was 69 when he died
      Last edited by Sylvia C; 06-02-18, 20:50.
      My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

ooh thank you Sylvia, I was trying to help a friend. She was really asking about Elizabeth Tylor and had found the mariage. Not sure what else she has. I will pass that onto he so she will be thrilled at that

Comment

Gloryer Not seeing anything in Parish Registers for marriage 1917. Can't even see them on Lancs BMD which sometimes gives a venue.

Elizabeth is on the FMP 1939 living at the address Sylvia C put up

20 Beechfield Street, Manchester CB, Lancs

Elizabeth Hirst b 13th Oct 1869 Widow Unpaid Dom Duties
          with
          William Tubbs b 01/01/1922 Apprentice Boot Repairer Single

One record covered

There is one Elizabeth Tylor on GRO with reg a year out for the 4th Q 1870 Birmingham mmn Thompson

There are a few Tyler's

Vera
          Last edited by vera2013; 07-02-18, 13:43.

Comment

thank you Vera

Comment

Vera ...........

I was surprised no to see the record on lancs bmd .............

seeing his age when he died, and looking at the 1911 Census where he has a wife, I wonder if he and Elizabeth married in a Registry Office, in which case there would not be a Parish record.

It would be interesting to know if Elizabeth was a widow when they married.
              Last edited by Sylvia C; 07-02-18, 20:04.
              My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Dying at age 69 in 1926 gives an approximate birth year of 1857

This looks to be him in 1911 ......

Name: Phineas Hirst
                Age in 1911: 54
                Estimated birth year: abt 1857
                Relation to Head: Head
                Birth Place: Bradford, Yorkshire, England

Street address: 106 Halliwell Lane, Cheetham Hill Manchester
                Marital Status: Married

Phineas Hirst 54
                Emily Hirst 54 b.ca 1857, Bradford, Yorkshire

Comment

He didn't wait long before marrying Elizabeth!!

Deaths Sep 1917
                  Hirst Emily 60 Prestwich 8d 228

Comment

I think the birth date on 1939 register is wrong. If she died 1917 aged 60 then her birth date would be 1857

oops silly me thats his first wife Emily and not ~Elizabeth
                    Last edited by gloryer; 07-02-18, 22:00.

Comment

I think his marriage has been missed off Lancsbmd, as the other couple marrying at the same time according to freebmd, are also missing from Lancsbmd!

OC

Comment

OC

you are probably correct.

In that case, the only way to get any information is to buy the marriage certificate

Comment

I had previously checked Lancs bmd for Coverage and not paying attention thought the list was for those areas not covered when in fact it is for those covered. Prestwich is not on yet.

Vera

Comment

thanks everybody. I think she is ready to order the marriage certificate now

Comment

Possible 3 marriages for Phineas ....june qtr 1879 Bradford w yorks - june qtr 1887 Bradford w yorks and to Elizabeth in 1917 - of course the 1879 would only be 16 at that marriage - but he may have ?
                              Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
                              oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
                              adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
                              merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
                              coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

just realised Emily Town was 1879 - so he married twice - the first time at 16 ....sorry ...cracking up ..lol
                                Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
                                oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
                                adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
                                merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
                                coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Working...
                                X