No announcement yet.

maria butler / new clues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aww, back to the drawing board.....I'll keep looking to see if we can get a lead somewhere.
    Jacky

Comment

I still havent established anything further so still unsure if Emily Butler/Tanner is my 2 illegitimates mother but I think she must have been capable of hiding them from the census as found out a couple of thiings aboout her!!
      em butler.jpg

Comment

she was also a witness at the old bailey

Comment

as she was a witness in 1890 it narrows down the search for her death and she was still calling her self Emily Butler so didnt remarry but I still cant find her in 1881 or 1891. I found a death in 1904 aged 71 which would agree with her born 1833, but the death is in chippenham wiltshire, so did she return home as she was born in Wiltshire. Or she may have married another Butler!!

The only one I can find on 1891 is the wife of Robert Butler so that would probably be the one on 1901 in Wilthsire
          Last edited by gloryer; 03-06-18, 06:26.

Comment

Originally posted by gloryer View Post
            I still havent established anything further so still unsure if Emily Butler/Tanner is my 2 illegitimates mother but I think she must have been capable of hiding them from the census as found out a couple of thiings aboout her!!
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]18905[/ATTACH]
            What year was this Gloryer?
            Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

november 1870 Kat...... the number of children she says that she has are correct without Charles and Maria so starting to wonder if she isnt their mother, yet its her son William that gives his address when Charles re-enters the plumstead workhouse and says he is the brother!! Something doesnt add up!! LOL

Comment

she was also a witness at the old bailey
                https://www.oldbaileyonline.org/brow...-121#highlight
                Not sure about this one as she says she is the wife of David Butler but she would have been a widow and this one lived in Stratford mine was from Woolwich/Plumstead/Greenwich.

Comment

I have been round and round with this one.
                  My latest find is c Charles Butler b 1867 admitted in 1908 to Edgeware workhouse from Hendon.
                  I can not make apositive case of Emily Tanner being the mother of Charles and Maria BUTLER but I have another theory. William Butler is nt the son of David Butler as they married after he was born, so Charles and Maria could have the same father. When William admitted Charles to plumstead workhouse he said he was the brother so they automatically took his surname as being Charles's surname BUT maria and Charles were listed as Butler before that when they were first admitted to plumstead.....
                  Last edited by gloryer; 11-07-18, 08:04.

Comment

turned out the one admitted to edgeware wasnt mine after all but well worth checking!!

Comment

this addiction certainly has its ups and downs. I was so excited I found a grand daughter of Maria Butler, so a distant cousin on paper, was rubbing my hands together waiting to ask her questions and hoping she may be interested in DNA so I posed the question about what do you know about Maria Butler and then came the big drop. I copied it from another tree!!!!!! So is there any point in even mentioning all the research I have put into this one person....... I was hoping she was following the trail like I was and maybe consider doing a DNA test to see if that throws up some results.
                      Last edited by gloryer; 14-09-18, 06:51.

Comment

this addiction certainly has its ups and downs. I was so excited I found a grand daughter of Maria Butler, so a distant cousin on paper, was rubbing my hands together waiting to ask her questions and hoping she may be interested in DNA so I posed the question about what do you know about Maria Butler and then came the big drop. I copied it from another tree!!!!!! So is there any point in even mentioning all the research I have put into this one person....... I was hoping she was following the trail like I was and maybe consider doing a DNA test to see if that throws up some results.
                        oh dear, that must have been so gutting for you, makes you want to spit when that happens. Is like someone that I know has a tree and I know that they have much information on my mother and her parents yet they are only connected via a marriage of a half sibling.. so what's the point? [and yes I have contacted them several times, but they never reply or acknowledge that I have even contacted them]
                        Julie
                        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I have since come across a marriage 1890 woolwich of a Maria Elizabeth Butler. Its at least her 2nd marriage so wondered if that had a connection, clutching at straws again!!

Comment

thats ok ladies. Your are wlecome to use..

Comment

Working...
                            X