maria butler / new clues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
    These are the three baptisms for William, John and David confirming David as father.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18789[/ATTACH]

I'm wondering if Charles and Maria are Emily's illegitimate children after the death of David?
    thats seems to be the most likely explanation Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
      I think this needs to be read in conjunction with this thread - https://www.familytreeforum.com/show...es#post2621316

I thought it had been established that Charles and Maria were given as illegitimate when admitted to the school and weren't the same ones as the Charles and Maria in the caravan with parents?
      Yes thats correct the ons at hampstead heath have the same names and birth years but are with their parents and can be tacked later in the following census to prove they are not the same ones. What makes it even more troublesome is that the hampstead heath ones in 1871 are actually crossed out of the census and redone on another page!!!
      I have had a couple of threads about this over the years but the sudden interest has arisen when it came to light that William Butler was named as a brother and gave an address.

Comment

I'm wondering if Charles and Maria are Emily's illegitimate children QUOTE=gloryer;2621377]thats seems to be the most likely explanation Kat[/QUOTE]

The only problem with that is that Charles and Maria are not on the 1871 census with Emily. Wondering if she was trying to hide them?

Looked at William with Ellen. By 1881 they had 3 children. Wonder if they had Charles and Maria with them as newly weds and when their children came along found it difficult to cope?? Lots of wonderings.

Vera
        Last edited by vera2013; 28-01-18, 11:25.

Comment

I also wondered if the elder brother william had taken them in but found it to hard with their own children to feed as well so he had no choice but to send them to the work house

Comment

Emily Tanner seems to be in a lot of peoples trees so I am hoping somebody will get back to me with an update. They even have a specific date of death for her husband David Butler,,,mmmmmmmmmm I wonder what other info is out there

Comment

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
              What occupation does Maria's father give on her marriage cert? Where was Maria living? Also date and place of marriage and Witnesses?
              sorry Kat had to hunt oout the certificate, the witnesses were Amos Stoneham who worked with William Pearson (Maria's Husband) and Alice Hawes, I have tried to find a connection before but failed

Comment

Originally posted by gloryer View Post
                sorry Kat had to hunt oout the certificate, the witnesses were Amos Stoneham who worked with William Pearson (Maria's Husband) and Alice Hawes, I have tried to find a connection before but failed
                Wondered again if perhaps Charles and Maria were cousins of the Butler/Tanner children. David Butler had a sister named Maria who married at least twice one of her husbands was a Pearson.

Also wondered, I do a lot of wondering, whether they could be connected to Ellen Doggett but perhaps Charles would be too old to be her child. Seem to remember, however, she was a Servant in a home for young woman of a ??. Need to check that out.

Can't find anything on Emily Tanner after 1871. She had a sister Fanny who died very young after only one year of marriage and was buried in Battersea. There is a burial in Battersea for an Emily Turner but her age is way out.

Just some thoughts.

Vera

Comment

David Butler

Burial

Death Date:
                  abt 1866

Burial Date:
                  29 Aug 1866

Burial Place:
                  St Thomas, Charlton, Greenwich, England

Register Type:
                  Parish Register

Vera

Comment

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post

Can't find anything on Emily Tanner after 1871. She had a sister Fanny who died very young after only one year of marriage and was buried in Battersea. There is a burial in Battersea for an Emily Turner but her age is way out.

Just some thoughts.

Vera
                    I did look at some births that were listed from 1871 and the youngest Mary A There is a birth of a Mary Ann Fanny Butler so maybe this is one thats named after her sister.
                    I do a lot of wondering as well. lol

Comment

just my luck, I tried to join genes today as thee are a few with Emily Tanner in their trees to see if I can make contact but it wouldnt accpet my payment, dont know why. And another source I like is the rootsweb mailing list but that server is down for maintenance...

Comment

Yes, I think you need to cast the net wide for this one. Hopefully someone might have some little snippet for you.
                        Have always thought the first workhouse record was a little unusual. They usually get some info from the children. How would they have known the children were illegitimate. Thought they might have been admitted to w/house previously but couldn't see them.

Vera

Comment

There is an Emily Tanner on the gedcom here but she was born 1833, the owner doesn't appear to have a William Butler though....
                          Jacky

Comment

Oooh, the same person above had a David Butler in their tree......b 1823 Wilts and d 1866
                            Last edited by Tilly Mint; 29-01-18, 23:59.
                            Jacky

Comment

I did wonder if the said William brother was in fact their father with a mistress or previous wife!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tilly Mint View Post
                                There is an Emily Tanner on the gedcom here but she was born 1833, the owner doesn't appear to have a William Butler though....
                                I never think to look on here for trees!!

Comment

message sent to memeber on here!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tilly Mint View Post
                                    just had a reply from that memeber and they only know emily tanner and david butler married at lewisham

Comment

It was worth a try....maybe one of the other contacts will come up trumps for you!
                                      Jacky

Comment

yea fingers crossed. I put out a feeler on the wiltshire family history group seeing as emily tanner was from wiltshire

Comment

Just seen this...may come in handy for you...

Jacky

Comment

Working...
                                          X