Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM websearch error

Hi

When I open my tree and try to click on websearch it is telling me it cant find the files to search for the automatically added searches (ancestry, family search etc). How do I link it back up again because I cant find it online anywhere! I can sync, click on the web pages that I have set up just not the ones that came with the programme
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

I had the same problem Robyne. I contacted Mackiev and this was their reply. It is long winded but it worked for me and I haven't had a problem since.

" Could you please try the following suggestion?

1. Launch FTM application.
    2. In case you re logged in to Ancestry, log out by clicking log out button in the upper right corner of the Plan workspace.
    3. Click Help -> Connect FTM to Ancestry and log in using your username and password.
    4. Go to Websearch workspace in FTM.
    5. Select Family Search in the search location panel on the left side of the screen.
    6. Switch to Ancestry in the list of search locations.
    7. Start the new search.
    8. Click the first result.
    9. Log in when prompted using your username and password and NOT your email address.

Does that help?"

You have to follow that exactly.

I would suggest that even though you may find that this works, contact them and tell them the problem because they are still running on beta at the moment and they need to know of any problems that are occuring.
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Perfect, thanks so much
      Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

Working...
      X