Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot read handwriting

Hello,

I am looking for help with reading the cause of death on a certificate i have acquired for my relative. It looks like some kind of fever but i cant read it properly.

The death was in 1875 if that helps.

It looks like P*****oid Fever

Thanks

It's probably putrid fever i.e. typhus:

Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Paratyphoid fever? Not sure this would have been a 19th century diagnosis though.
      Parotid fever? A complication of mumps I think.

OC

Comment

Hi Rebecca,

do you have a photo of it on your computer? if you do you could post it on here by using this link https://vgy.me/
        that way we can see and hopefully give you a proper interpretation. :smilee:
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hi Guys,

Thanks for such quick responses. I have uploaded the cause of death snippet here:

Thanks
          Last edited by Darksecretz; 16-01-18, 16:40. Reason: getting link to work

Comment

It looks like puerperal fever to me Rebecca. If so, I assume it's a female as it follows childbirth or miscarriage.
            Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
              It looks like puerperal fever to me Rebecca. If so, I assume it's a female as it follows childbirth or miscarriage.
              Caroline
              Caroline's Family History Pages
              Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Thanks guys, it is a female. I will have to look for a child!

Comment

Originally posted by rebeccawilson100 View Post
                  Thanks guys, it is a female. I will have to look for a child!
                  It might be that you won't find a child in the index, it could be like Chrissie said a miscarriage or termination. Having said that I have seen stillborn burials so know that they did occur.
                  Julie
                  They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Definitely puerperal fever.

Comment

HI Guys,

Thanks for all your help with this, i tried to visit her grave to see if a child was buried with her as well but the graveyard was locked *sigh*.

While i'm getting in contact with the vicar i'm doing some research into other parts of the tree and have hit a brick wall. I was wondering if anyone can read the name of the witnesses for a marriage (i'm hoping it will help me make some progress). It is the first witness i am interested in and i know the last name is Siddle/Liddle but can't make out the first name. I think it might be Thomas but i'm not sure.

vgy.me is a free and easy-to-use image hosting service hosted in the UK. Upload anonymously or create a free account to manage your uploads.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Yes, I think it's Thomas Liddle too.
                        Elizabeth
                        Research Interests:
                        England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
                        Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Agree with Elizabeth.

Jay
                          Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Working...
                          X