X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got any Canadian research to do? Ancestry.CA is free

Ancestry Canada (www.Ancestry.ca), is giving free access until 31/12/17

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Thanks for letting us know, Trevor.
    Jacky

Comment

Originally posted by Tilly Mint View Post
      Thanks for letting us know, Trevor.
      I pulled an 'all nighter' and now have every one of my Canadian Ancestry hints downloaded

Researching:
      FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Well done Trevor, I have downloaded a few to my computer too so I can view the images and upload them to Tribal Pages. If I leave them on Ancestry I won't be able to view the images without a World wide sub.
        Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

I go to www.ancestry.ca
          Sign in using my (UK only) subscription.
          This allows me to add to my ancestry tree.
          Then I sync my FTM to my Ancestry tree
          This way I have them on Ancestry as part of my tree, which allows me to see them at any time and also copies on my PC

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
          Well done Trevor, I have downloaded a few to my computer too so I can view the images and upload them to Tribal Pages. If I leave them on Ancestry I won't be able to view the images without a World wide sub.

Researching:

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorFranklin View Post
            Ancestry Canada (www.Ancestry.ca), is giving free access until 31/12/17
            Does that give access to images, when I try it wants me to subscibe even though I am logged in
            Cheers
            Guy
            Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

The offer was until 1am 31/12/18
              "free access, with registration, until December 31, 2017 at 1 a.m. ET."
              It now does not give you free access unless you take up a subscription

Researching:

Comment

So it should have given me access when I tried at 5 this morning. No problem I just wanted to check a longshot, there will be other chances I'm sure.
                Cheers
                Guy
                Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

Missed it! That'll teach me to log in to FTF a bit more frequently!
                  Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I regularly go to ancestry .ca and ancestry.au, as they often have 'offers' that are not widely advertised

Originally posted by Christine in Herts View Post
                    Missed it! That'll teach me to log in to FTF a bit more frequently!

Researching:

Comment

Working...
                    X