Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alexander McGregor 1939

Hello,

I have never been able to find Alexander's exact d.o.b. He was born in the first quarter of 1895, in Hornsey. He appears to be there in 1939, except his d.o.b. comes up as 1897 on the 1939 register. However, my limited access doesn't give me his exact d.o.b. Could anyone find this information for me from the register? I presume it is him due to the location and the name, year of birth etc.

Thanks,

Adam

His birth is given as 1st April. He was a Clerk / Claims Dept.
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Originally posted by AdamMcGregor View Post
      Hello,

I have never been able to find Alexander's exact d.o.b. He was born in the first quarter of 1895, in Hornsey. He appears to be there in 1939, except his d.o.b. comes up as 1897 on the 1939 register. However, my limited access doesn't give me his exact d.o.b. Could anyone find this information for me from the register? I presume it is him due to the location and the name, year of birth etc.

Thanks,

Adam
      This is the only one I can find in 1895 in the correct area:

Alexander George MACGREGOR
      Q1 1895
      Edmonton Middlesex
      Volume 3A
      Page 328
      Last edited by Elizabeth Herts; 17-12-17, 18:37.
      Elizabeth
      Research Interests:
      England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
      Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

OK, from your other thread:

Alexander G. MacGregor (1895 - 1961)

That makes it easier, because he is the one above!

All you need to do is order the birth certificate and you will have his date of birth.

Elizabeth
        Research Interests:

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Herts View Post
          His birth is given as 1st April. He was a Clerk / Claims Dept.
          It seems this isn't your Alexander McGregor. He is living at Barrow-in-Furness.

Your man doesn't seem to feature on the 1939 Register, but many men didn't if they had been called up, I believe.
          Elizabeth
          Research Interests:

Comment

He was a clerk, but it can't be him if he was living there. His wife was Ellen and he had two sons at the time. There was an Alexander McGregor living in Hornsey, but I'm not sure if this is him.

Comment

Sorry, I've given a muddled reply.

Alexander McGregor at Hornsey:

FIRST NAME(S) LAST NAME(S) DOB SEX OCCUPATION MARITAL STATUS SCHEDULE SCHEDULE SUB NUMBER
              Alexander McGregor 01 Apr 1897 Male Clerk (Claims Department Cable Company) Married 203 1

But he was born in 1897.
              There are two unopened records after him, but no wife with him. I had a look for Ellen but couldn't find her.

Alexander McGregor at Barrow-in-Furness:

FIRST NAME(S) LAST NAME(S) DOB SEX OCCUPATION MARITAL STATUS SCHEDULE SCHEDULE SUB NUMBER
              Alexander McGregor 07 May 1895 Male ??? Married 242 3

I would strongly recommend sending for this birth certificate as you give him as Alexander G. McGregor.

Alexander George MACGREGOR
              Q1 1895
              Edmonton Middlesex
              Volume 3A
              Page 328
              Elizabeth
              Research Interests:

Comment

The two closed records may be my grandad and great-uncle (who is still living). I think I shall still order the birth certificate.

Comment

Does this help?

Birth
                  MACGREGOR, ALEXANDER GEORGE MMN STREATER
                  GRO Reference: 1895 M Quarter in EDMONTON Volume 03A Page 328[/B]
                  Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
                  http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

I had that information already. Thanks anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X