Cheers Kat, only came about because you found it
    Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
    http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

Baptism Judith COLLINGWOOD

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
      except the image states ["D" of ] so it could mean daughter of Frances [if the mum wasn't married, but suspect it would also say so] but as it does say Francis we presume it was the father that baptised her.

I have now found the image of the baptism transcript and it is 'Dr'. I have put the image on my flash drive but don't know how to put it on this page.

Comment

Originally posted by Suflod View Post
        I have now found the image of the baptism transcript and it is 'Dr'. I have put the image on my flash drive but don't know how to put it on this page.
        Suflod, we use vgy.me to host images and then copy the link to post onsite, [its very easy to do] :smilee:

ps: wouldn't it be the same image as I posted on #9?
        Last edited by Darksecretz; 10-12-17, 08:58.
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Maria COLLINGWOOD

be a bit difficult for the OP as they are in NZ... not sure what FMP covers.. any ideas?

I am now thinking that as I cannot find any siblings for Judith that would make Maria her niece, there are too many years difference between 1800 and 1821 I think to be her sister, that she may be Judith's daughter that she had before her marriage in 1825. I have sent an email to Huntingdon Family History Centre to see if they have any records for St Ives on a CD. We don't have anything at the FHC in Auckland, NZ. I will also send an email to the Suffolk one and see what they have. Hugh Wallis records do not have the years I want and a lot of Pallot's records were destroyed in WWII. If not I can do a trip to Huntingdon when I next go to the UK.

Comment

Collingwood

I am now thinking that as I cannot find any siblings for Judith that would make Maria her niece, there are too many years difference between 1800 and 1821 I think to be her sister, that she may be Judith's daughter that she had before her marriage in 1825. I have sent an email to Huntingdon Family History Centre to see if they have any records for St Ives on a CD. We don't have anything at the FHC in Auckland, NZ. I will also send an email to the Suffolk one and see what they have. Hugh Wallis records do not have the years I want and a lot of Pallot's records were destroyed in WWII. If not I can do a trip to Huntingdon when I next go to the UK.

What is OP and FMP?

Comment

Judith COLLINGWOOD

Suflod, we use vgy.me to host images and then copy the link to post onsite, [its very easy to do] :smilee:

ps: wouldn't it be the same image as I posted on #9?

No. This one was from a book with 3 columns of writing on a page. The image has been digitised by Family Search - LDS and the film can be seen online. I don't know where your record came from.

Comment

What is OP and FMP?
                OP = original poster, FMP + FindMyPast
                Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Looks as if Huntingdonshire is involved with this search? I know from experience that there is very little online for Huntingdonshire. I have quite a long list of my own family connection that I found at the Archives but cannot find them on line at all to re-confirm what I read. They are very helpful in the Huntingdon County archive but its quite frustrating in these days of easy access to not be able to find records at home. Don't make the mistake of thinking that you 'can't find them' in Huntingdonshire! They are there but need different methods. Maybe someone on here has Parish Record CDs they could help you with.

Anne

Comment

I don't know where your record came from.
                    Ancestry Suflod :smilee:

Julie
                    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Huntingdonshire records office is very useful. I emailed them asking for 3 records from a register. They scanned them and mailed me copies. I paid for them, and they were truly kind.

Comment

Collingwood

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
                        Looks as if Huntingdonshire is involved with this search? I know from experience that there is very little online for Huntingdonshire. I have quite a long list of my own family connection that I found at the Archives but cannot find them on line at all to re-confirm what I read. They are very helpful in the Huntingdon County archive but its quite frustrating in these days of easy access to not be able to find records at home. Don't make the mistake of thinking that you 'can't find them' in Huntingdonshire! They are there but need different methods. Maybe someone on here has Parish Record CDs they could help you with.

Anne

I have emailed to Huntingdon Family History Society and waiting to see if I get a reply. Maybe I could get in touch with County archive and see what they could do for me. Thanks for that.

Sue

Comment

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Huntingdonshire isn't a county but a borough within the county of Cambridgeshire. Long ago it was a very small county but got absorbed into Cambridgeshire several years ago.
                          Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Thanks for that. I will look at it the next time I can get to the site. Have now had a reply from Huntingdon Family History Society and some records have been found about Maria Collingwood.

Comment

Working...
                            X