X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FindMyPast offers new membership packages Starter, Plus and Pro

Just came across this on Twitter:
    Family Tree@familytreemaguk 4m4 minutes agoMore

@findmypast has just announced changes to its membership packages, including the option to access the 1939 Register by a monthly sub for the first time http://familytr.ee/2k5NFya #Genealogy

FindMyPast has today announced details of its new membership package, which include the option to access the 1939 Register by a monthly subscription.

I'll post other links about it when I can find any!!
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Yes, my sub is soon due for renewal. I got the email with links to FAQs but when I click on 'compare packages' all it gives me is details of the 'Pro' because that's what I would upgrade to. What it doesn't do is give a sensible table to compare all three packages.... at least I haven't found one yet. If anyone does please can you give a link. I really like to see exactly what is left out or included. Doesn't seem too much to ask when choosing!
    Anne

Edit to say: Just read the link above which implies that if I continue on my present 'Britain' subscription the access to British newspapers will be taken away from me. Is that correct? Very unfair!!!!!!
    Last edited by Anne in Carlisle; 28-11-17, 10:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
      Yes, my sub is soon due for renewal. I got the email with links to FAQs but when I click on 'compare packages' all it gives me is details of the 'Pro' because that's what I would upgrade to. What it doesn't do is give a sensible table to compare all three packages.... at least I haven't found one yet. If anyone does please can you give a link. I really like to see exactly what is left out or included. Doesn't seem too much to ask when choosing!
      Anne

Edit to say: Just read the link above which implies that if I continue on my present 'Britain' subscription the access to British newspapers will be taken away from me. Is that correct? Very unfair!!!!!!
      It looks that way. I haven't had an email at all!! But thinking about it, I've not had one from them for ages now. What is also unclear is whether there will be a discount for loyalty .... they've halved it before, I wonder if they will do away with it quietly with the changes??

UPDATE: I've asked them along with requesting them to check why I'm not getting emails.
      Caroline
      Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

According to the FAQs you will still get 15% discount for loyalty. But it is as clear as mud what you will actually pay and what you will get for your money!

Off out now. Hope this is clearer tomorrow!
        Anne

Comment

Support has said that we would get 15% for auto renew - but bizarrely, that I didn't get the email because I am somehow registered to the Irish domain and the letter only went to UK registered users. Quite how I finished up there I have no idea - so I'm guessing ...... maybe anyone with an Irish name must be in Ireland ..... or because I used to pay in Euros (in Belgium never Ireland!!).

So if you didn't get the email it's worth asking them why.
          Caroline

Comment

A little more detail for anyone else who didn't get the email:

Findmypast announce new pricing structure. Looking at the new packages it appears that the British in India Collection is only included in the Pro Package.
            Caroline

Comment

Must say that I'm a bit miffed to put it mildly, last year I paid £116.55 which included everything, under their new improved package their recommendation is for me to have the Plus option at £120 which doesn't include all the data sets that I now have access to or if I want the Pro package I have to pay £156 which is a whopping increase - not much of an improvement for me, but a huge improvement for them.
              Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                Must say that I'm a bit miffed to put it mildly, last year I paid £116.55 which included everything, under their new improved package their recommendation is for me to have the Plus option at £120 which doesn't include all the data sets that I now have access to or if I want the Pro package I have to pay £156 which is a whopping increase - not much of an improvement for me, but a huge improvement for them.
                When your subscription is up for renewal you can apparently opt to stay on your current package.
                Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
                  I got the email with links to FAQs but when I click on 'compare packages' all it gives me is details of the 'Pro' because that's what I would upgrade to. What it doesn't do is give a sensible table to compare all three packages.... at least I haven't found one yet. If anyone does please can you give a link. I really like to see exactly what is left out or included. Doesn't seem too much to ask when choosing!
                  Anne
                  This is the best I could find to give you all three options side by side to compare:

Christine
                  Last edited by Karamazov; 28-11-17, 17:55.
                  Researching:
                  HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                    When your subscription is up for renewal you can apparently opt to stay on your current package.
                    But only if you have autorenewal ticked. So if they end up taking more than you expect, you'll have to argue the toss about a refund and/or the level of your discount.

Also, will the option to stay on your current package be an offer for your first renewal only? I doubt if the offer will be forever.

Comment

Not a happy bunny. If I stay as I am I'll lose the Newspapers. Great! So you need the equivalent to World in order to have those.
                      Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

I assume that as my package is not up til Sept 2018 I should still be able to access newspapers until then do you think?
                        Kat

Comment

My current package is everything, but if I want to stay on that it will cost me an extra £40 which I'm not prepared to pay. Their restructuring sounds a bit underhand to me.
                          Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                            My current package is everything, but if I want to stay on that it will cost me an extra £40 which I'm not prepared to pay. Their restructuring sounds a bit underhand to me.
                            This is from the FMP FB page
                            Current subscribers (Annual or Monthly) who continue to renew, will continue to get the same package with the same level of access they already have. We currently have no plans to force anyone to move package if they continue renewing.
                            There will no doubt be a different price structure for continuation of your current subscription but I doubt very much that it would be an increase of £40.
                            Elaine

Comment

This is from the FMP FB page

There will no doubt be a different price structure for continuation of your current subscription but I doubt very much that it would be an increase of £40.
                              My present sub expires in January and it is on Auto-renew so not long before I find out what will happen.
                              Margaret

Comment

Right .... My sub renews on 12 Dec. It seems I can continue exactly as before and I am taking that to mean my access to data will not change. They say no one is being forced onto a new package. Here is the email I got tonight in reply to my query on getting a personal email because my renewal is due........

Thank you for your reply.

You are more than welcome to stay on your current package - we are not forcing migration to a new package.

Your card is in date, your automatic renewal is on, so everything is in place for the subscription to renew automatically on 12 December, exactly like it has been previously.

If you need anything else, please let me know.
                                Regards
                                Ellie
                                Findmypast Support Team

Comment

I only want to look at the 1939 Register, if I join the monthly offer will I be able to untick the auto renewal button. I have a subscription to A******** so I do not require a annual sub.

Peter

Comment

I think with the new packages you will need the Plus - £12.95 per month.
                                    The essential package with exclusive records includes 1939 register.
                                    However if you have NEVER had a subscription before then go for the Free Trial but choose the right package.
                                    https://www.findmypast.co.uk/content...and-conditions - see Free trial - no 3
                                    You should be able to get the "Plus" package free trial.
                                    They will take your card details but you will be able to untick the auto renewal box.

If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will come back on this!
                                    Last edited by Katarzyna; 29-11-17, 18:41.
                                    Kat

Comment

The trouble is that both my wife and I have let our subscription finish a while a go.

Peter.

Comment

You still can get the monthly Plus package for £12.95. You will be able to untick the renewal box or if they email you towards the end of the month you will be able to decline their offers and walk away - no problem.
                                        Kat

Comment

Working...
                                        X