GEDCOM etc. Idiots guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GEDCOM etc. Idiots guide

I have a quarter of my tree on Geneanet.org. So far there are 147 individuals. I would like to do two things:the first is to have a printed copy of the tree so that I can see at a glance what I need to focus on. The problem I have doing this is that I have too many generations to print straight from the website. The second thing is that I would like to send the information to a relative. If I can print the full tree out then I can send it and problem solved. Can I send it on a memory stick? How do I do it? I have seen something on the site that says "Download gedcom" hence my query.
    Fran

try looking here

Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I have looked there Julie. Thank you for replying. I only want to know how to print out all generations and if I could put the tree on a memory stick. If a gedcom was sent as an attachment would the recipient need a gedcom reader. When they viewed it,what form would it take?

Comment

The recipient would need some sort of program to read a Gedcom file.
        Alternatively you could print the tree and save it as a PDF file or a JPEG 'picture. They would be able to look at either of those with no problem.
        I do not know the exact process of printing from you particular tree.
        Anne

Comment

Thank you for your reply Anne.
          F

Comment

Working...
          X