Software for Mac Computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software for Mac Computer

A few years ago my sister move from PC to a Mac. She purchased FTM for Mac, but is now suffering awful problems.

Can anyone please recommend family tree software for a Mac computer. I would probably be able to let her have a copy of my data as a gedcom file.

Your suggestions would be much appreciated. Her data collection goes back to the 1980s so there is a fair bit of information in her tree.
    Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Anyone used Tree View 2, if so what's it like. Sister does not want FTM.
    Linda - Happy Hunting

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Comment

Has she got also also got a windows partiton either through bootcamp or vmware, paralells ir similar. If so i recommend legacy deluxe.
      If she only has mac osx then i think reunion is the best but its pricey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Sue ;)

Comment

Many thanks for responding. She only has max osx. But I shall tell her about Reunion.
        Linda - Happy Hunting

Comment

Probably abit late to respond, but I would recommend Reunion 12 for Mac. I have been using it since Reunion 8 (probably since around 2005 or so) and it is stable, has good support and community help from Reunion Talk. It does lack syncing with Ancestry so if that is important it maybe better to try Family Tree Maker 2017 for Mac (FTM 2017 for Mac). I tried RootsMagic 7 Essentials for Mac which is free (also syncs to Ancestry) but I found it crashed a lot and was quite slow (but this may depend on the Mac computer being used, mine is quite old).
          I wrote some blog articles on this; https://sevencookiesapps.wordpress.c...ac-rootsmagic/. That also includes some posts about using RM7 for Mac with some software I wrote called GedGap (which is available free from Mac App Store).

Comment

Working...
          X