Maternal Great Grandmother, "et al"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maternal Great Grandmother, "et al"

I am researching my ancestors/family. My great grandmother, Sarah Agnes Howat Mcmichael believed to have been born on May 22, 1866, in Dalmellington, Ayrshire, Scotland, to her father, James, (who was 34 years old at her birth) and her mother, Janet (Hamilton?), was 26. Sarah had two sons with John Alston Sommerville between 1894 and 1899.

I have been unable to locate any information on her, John Alston Somerville or their 2 sons (believed to be Quentin (my grandfather) born in 1894 & died in 1933); and his brother James, born in 1896.

If anyone out there can give me any information, I would be grateful.

Thanks.
    Lorraine

There is a birth registration on Scotlands People for Quintin Somerville born 1894 - ref 644/2 961 - Camlachie.
    You can view the image for 6 credits.

There is a passenger list entry for Quintin Somerville - departing from Glasgow on 5 July 1910 - travelling to Quebec.
    Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 16-10-17, 15:56.
    Elaine

Comment

Where have you looked already?
      If all the people you mention are bleived to have been born married and died in Scotland, then (if you haven't already) the place to look in ScotlandsPeople. It's a pay per view site although searches in the indexes are free. You could also try familysearch.org which is free as all your birth dates are before 1900.

Comment

There is also a death registration for John Alston Somerville shown on Scotlands People -
        SOMERVILLE JOHN ALSTON - age 81 - 1948 - ref 490/ 118 - Stirling
        Elaine

Comment

This could be the marriage you are looking for -
          SARAH MCMICHAEL / ALSTON SOMERVILLE - 1889 - REF 644/3 160 - Dennistoun

Again from Scotlands People - copy of the register entry available for 6 credits.
          Elaine

Comment

Looks like another child - Alston born 1891
            Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.
            Elaine

Comment

Maternal Great Grandmother - "et al"

Thank you so much GallowayLass! I'm really new at this stuff. I thought I had access thru Ancestry, but obviously not! I will begin my journey with ScotlandsPeople and FamilySearch.org.
              Regards,
              Lorraine

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
              Where have you looked already?
              If all the people you mention are bleived to have been born married and died in Scotland, then (if you haven't already) the place to look in ScotlandsPeople. It's a pay per view site although searches in the indexes are free. You could also try familysearch.org which is free as all your birth dates are before 1900.

Comment

Working...
              X