HP Envy 4520 Printer useless, but which one shall I buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP Envy 4520 Printer useless, but which one shall I buy

Bought this a few months ago and had nothing but trouble it wont recognise the scanner , so am now connecting using an Ethernet , but still have to go round the houses to get it to scan, have to print from the window on the printer itself etc etc, did reinstall it but no joy.
    I have decided to throw it, but not sure which to buy, used to have a Epson which was fine but expensive ink .
    Any suggestions please its just for scanning and printing census records etc.
    Last edited by Guest; 10-10-17, 13:53.

We have had an Epsom copier/printer/scanner for a number of years now (Epsom stylus SX535WD) but use Multipack Ink Cartridges bought on the net - www.cartridgediscount.co.uk - never have had problems .............as yet.
    The HP we had used to drive us mad - always going wrong.
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

thanks Kat shall have a look at that.

Comment

Kat can you do me a favour as your one is not made any more, which of these would you buy.

Comment

Lordy, Val don't ask me. LOL. All I know is this is a really good one; such a pity it is discontinued. I like this one as it has Automatic Double Sided Printing which I love as I need to use that feature such a lot. Those two you are looking at don't have that feature. I would google them individually and check the reviews. Sorry - not much help am I?
          Kat

Comment

thats okay Kat, so afraid to make another mistake so soon after this one, can I ask what sort of things do you copy both sides of ?

Comment

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
              We have had an Epsom copier/printer/scanner for a number of years now (Epsom stylus SX535WD) but use Multipack Ink Cartridges bought on the net - www.cartridgediscount.co.uk - never have had problems .............as yet.
              The HP we had used to drive us mad - always going wrong.
              I've always had HP- apart from one Epson which I gave away in frustration as it kept losing its wireless/wired connection etc. and gobbling up cartridges and was very disappointing print quality . :D
              Caroline
              Caroline's Family History Pages
              Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

We've always had Epson printers. We use the 'proper ink' to start with and after about a year go on to compatible ink. They last about 4 or 5 years I would say. (The printers, not the cartridges! LOL )
                Anne

Comment

this one refuses to be recognised by the pc, so I have to print from the screen on it instead of through the pc, trying to scan is a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                    thats okay Kat, so afraid to make another mistake so soon after this one, can I ask what sort of things do you copy both sides of ?
                    I am treasurer of our local WI and often have to print docs for all so it saves on paper.

Originally posted by Caroline View Post
                    I've always had HP- apart from one Epson which I gave away in frustration as it kept losing its wireless/wired connection etc. and gobbling up cartridges and was very disappointing print quality . :D
                    I think everyone has different experiences with different makes. There are 5 choices of quality for printing and different settings for the type of paper being used. We also get really excellent quality photo prints despite there only being 4 colours.
                    Kat

Comment

Val - found this on HP support forum. Might just save you forking out for a new machine. Worth a try.